Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Loneliness

I like this post, kayfabe. I didn't go to Vegas but I almost did!!! However, I got to know some of the people here well (or so I thought) and I miss them.

My life has gotten so crazy in the last year that I haven't been around as much as I used to be (I did move to New York City after all!!) and I regret that I haven't had the time to spend like I used to. But it doesn't seem like I've missed that much.

Which is sad. :(

Re: Loneliness

don't give up kayfabe! the inner well of speculation can never go dry. those post-reading truth-perverting creatures can't touch how Andy inspired us... which is real and what led us all here and the ultimate truth.

Re: Re: Loneliness

I agree. I believe the ultimate truth is that it doesn't matter if he faked his death or not, the fact that we are all posting on a message board in the possibility or belief that he did is the ultimate and most important truth. The fact that a man could make some question the absolute nature of death through character work and performances is all that I need.

Re: Re: Re: Loneliness

Re: Re: Re: Re: Loneliness

Well said all. I continue to check in, even though I harbor little hope that any big revelation if forthcoming. I just like to see whats on peoples minds and have enjoyed many of the discusions that were completely unrelated to Andy. I do feal like hI have freinds on this board. And I feal we have more in common than just an interest in and appreciation of Andy. Anybody seen a good movie or read a good book lately?

Peace

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Loneliness

Well said, indeed. I can't believe it's been two years I've been lurking around here and piping up on occassion. Back in spring of 2004 (and then just a little bit last year with the Vegas shenanigans), I had legitimate hope that Andy Kaufman, whom I greatly admire, was living and breathing. And I'm not ashamed that I thought that because it means that age hasn't drained me of all my innocence. I hope I fall for some other hoax just as hard one day. I hope that I don't become so jaded as deny myself that possibility. And I hope you all don't either.

I'd like to vote that Rob start showing his face again. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that the personal attacks on the other board are a bunch of bull. Rob's a stand-up guy, for sure.

Movies? The Devil and Daniel Johnston. Talking about a pure, sincere performer. Iggy, I know it's playing in a couple of theatres up here in L.A.

I'm reading a Chris Elliott book...The Tale of the Twacker...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Loneliness

Ok...I can't spell today, and It's the SHROUD of the THWACKER. jeez.

"The Areas of My Expertise" by John Hodgman. You may have seen him on the Daily Show. I highly recommend this book.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Loneliness

Thanks. I'll definately look in to those.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Loneliness

By the way, The Yes Men, is definately worth seeing if you haven't alrady.