Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Happy Birthday Brigadiers!

Re: Re: Happy Birthday Brigadiers!

Re: Re: Re: Happy Birthday Brigadiers!

Hey, Rob!

I have a great interest in old local television programming -- horror hosted movies & kid show programs in particular. I'm going to be putting up some webpages up on my own local favorites, Captain Jinks & Salty Sam! :)

You've probably seen the website called L.A. TV Legends. This page will interest you if you haven't already been there.

As an aside, there's a cool new addition to the andylives site, an article written by a friend and fan, right here.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Happy Birthday Brigadiers!

Hey John,

Very cool... yes, I have come across the other site with the Sheriff John info on it before, but it was nice to see it again!

I also came across the site www.kinevideo.net, on which this fellow has many old videos of odd stuff, including some clips of these old kiddie shows. You might enjoy taking a look at that. I don't outright remember the names Captain Jinks and Salty Sam, but they sound partway familiar anyway!

Also used to watch the Hobo Kelly show, and Wonderama with Bob McAllister. I think Wonderama was national though.

Hope you got to look at April Winchell's site. Her MP3 media file library is rather large, and she has many really offbeat and unusual things there. Aside from the kiddie show stuff, if you have a chance, check out the singer "Wing"... almost not to be believed. This woman has about nine different cover albums out, and someone out there is actually buying them! If Andy was around and had a show, he would likely have had her as a guest.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Happy Birthday Brigadiers!

that wax or not article !

What about Pee Wee

OK good topic. I would like to submit that Pee Wee's Playhouse was the greatest "Kid" show ever. I think those shows hold up just as well today as they did back then whether for a kid or an adult. He was at the same time paying tribute to some of the great kid shows of the past and providing a parody.

Re: What about Pee Wee

Do you ever wish you could go back a edit what you've written? I do all the time.

Re: Re: What about Pee Wee

What's to edit? My wife and I loved Pee Wee's Playhouse and still do. I have many friends that loved the show too.

Remember in Zmuda's book he claims that Paul Rubens asked permission from Andy to do this show? Something like that.

Re: Re: Re: What about Pee Wee

I was just ****** about the sentance structure. I totally meant what I said about PW's Playhouse.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What about Pee Wee

Cool. Don't worry about little stuff like that. You're among friends here.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What about Pee Wee

Yea, I think I am.