Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Movies

phew!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Movies

Hee hee, I missed that. I was puzzling over that tricky preface!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Movies

I'm on page 91 where it talks about the "personal" text and the "original" text of Andy Kaufman. Jesus, where do they get this stuff?

I thought of a good, dead serious thing to say, though! I'm thinking of emailing my advisor and telling him my ideas. And the last line of the presentation should be, in Andy's words, I am Andy Kaufman. Andy Kaufman is me.

too Malcolm X?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Movies

I like it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Movies

Hey, I don't think I answered this directly. John, I'd love to. I'd like to get it done soon though, before the semester starts again and I get busy with other things. Give me a coupla days to finish reading the darn thing and then I'll see what happens when my fingers hit the keyboard! Thanks for asking me, that's a fun idea!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Movies

Good. I just got my copy today and somehow made it through the preface. After the first paragraph of the first chapter it started to get easier to read, but I'm only on page twelve now. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Movies

Well, I just finished it and I'm not sure about it. I feel like, 'is that all?' I suppose he made his point as well he could but the whole American Dream topic is pretty slippery and I'm not sure I buy into his take. There are worthwhile ideas there, some of which have been tossed around on other Andy message boards over the years. I wonder who it's written for.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Movies

I just finished it too.

hmm.

Re: Re: Movies

I just saw it tonight. Jim Carrey is hilarious.