Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Schia later

Couple of other interesting things, and I am sure there are more....

For one, Vincent's middle name is Andrew. And, he has a son named Andrea.

And, the mother of that son is Allyce Beasley, to whom he was married from 1985-88. She was best known as the receptionist "Miss Dipesto" on "Moonlighting," but Taxi fans might remember her as well... she was the woman trapped with Latka inside a taxicab, in the middle of a big blizzard. Apparently the best way for them to keep warm involved Latka being unfaithful to Simka... which resulted in the return of Reverend Gorky to advise them.

Here, I'll go ahead and share the other IMDB trivia items which are interesting:

Birth name
Vincent Andrew Schiavelli

Height
6' 5½" (1.97 m)

Mini biography
Vincent Schiavelli, selected in 1997 by Vanity Fair as one of the best character actors in America, had made over 120 film and television appearances. He studied acting at NYU's Theatre Program. Aside from his acting career, Vincent was the author of three cookbooks, and has written numerous articles on food for magazines and newspapers. In 2001, he received the James Beard Journalism Award.

Trivia
Vince got his role as a TV exec in Man on the Moon (1999) from his few appearances with Andy Kaufman on "Taxi" (1978).

Was frequently cast in Milos Forman films

Son, with Allyce Beasley, Andrea.

His grandfather, whom he grew up with, was a cook for an Italian baron before moving to the United States. Vincent speaks fluent Sicilian.

Studied at the New York University School of the Arts in 1969 and 1970.

His character Peter Panama on "The Corner Bar" (1972) was the first sustained gay character on American network television.

[2001] Vincent directed a theater piece in Sicily based on nine traditional fables. Six of the eight actors were Sicilian, and everything was authentic down to the local dialect. After the production, Vincent went out on stage with the actors and was met with a five-minute storm of wild flowers from the audience.

During his high school years in Brooklyn (1962 - 1966), he was the star of all the Drama Society's presentations, and was a member of the National Honor Society.

Appeared in two different, completely unrelated productions in which he played a hit man targeting a character played by Teri Hatcher: the television series "MacGyver" (1985) and Tomorrow Never Dies (1997).

Italian-American.

Re: Re: Schia later

It sounds like he died surrounded by people who loved him. Or at least in a place where he felt he belonged.

Re: Schia later

I just bought the book "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" right around the time he died; I'm almost finished with it now, I love it. Wasn't he in Milo's movie? I haven't seen the movie yet but I heard it was good.