Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RIP Richard Pryor

Re: Re: RIP Richard Pryor

Richard Pryor was one of the great ones. He will be missed. But on the bright side, Joseph McCarthy will not be missed.

Re: Re: Re: RIP Richard Pryor

Welllll... Joseph McCarthy was the "McCarthyism" guy of the '50s witch hunt for communists... you're right, people probably don't miss him too much; he died in 1957! The one who just passed was Eugene McCarthy... I don't recall too much about him except that he ran for President a time or two.

I'll likewise miss Richard Pryor! Dang, we've lost some good folks this year. If you're jonesing for a Pryor movie to see, check out "Silver Streak" from about 1978 or so... very well done, a sort of comedy/action/adventure film with Pryor and Gene Wilder on a supertrain on a course of disaster. One of the best scenes is Pryor trying to help Wilder get past the authorities in the train station... he has him put shoe polish all over his hands and face and pretend he's black... he also has him carrying a boombox and takes a little time to teach him how to "walk" like a black man. Funny!

SNL paid a little tribute to him last night with a clip from when he hosted in the '70s... that was nice.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Richard Pryor was one of the great ones. He will be missed. But on the bright side, Joseph McCarthy will not be missed.

Re: Re: Re: Re: RIP Richard Pryor

You're right. I was Ugene McCarthy. I had just gone to see Good Night and Good Luck. Good movie. Stir Crazy is another great Pryor/Wilder romp.

Pryor's concert movies were his best work however.