Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: oops

hee hee hee thanks guys.

hey listen, I just wanted to make sure you all know that next spring when I present that paper (I'm committed now), I'm not gonna pass off any of the ideas as my own, ok. I don't think that was clear from what I said before. I'm not aiming to come off like I thought of the stuff.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: oops

Blippity blop! Blick.

Re: Re: Re: Re: oops

l

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "He will not find you you must find him."

It's sad when people say there's no truth. It's annoying when people lose sight of sense and get caught up in circles trying to find truth through rhetoric or logic (which are good for some things...). It's funny and heartening when someone shares the truth by showing ... I don't know what to call it. You know, like when Andy ate ice cream to a laugh track and the audience was laughing at that.

I found that to be funny.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "He will not find you you must find him."

That’s such a good point. Maybe truth is something that must be experienced. Though it's fun playing with logic and rhetoric. But as soon as you say what a truth is, you’re also saying everything else that it isn’t. That limits the experience.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "He will not find you you must find him."

Yeah, and makes you afraid to say anything or disagree, especially when you are talking with a dear friend. Thank goodness for dear friends though!! My favorite thing in the world is when my friends and I come out of a common experience and we can tell each other the truths that emerge and we are delighted to see our differences. Really, there is nothing more wonderful than being friends with someone who is different, and valuing each other.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "He will not find you you must find him."

A truth for sure! It’s okay to disagree. I guess I was thinking about how belief in “A Truth” can reduce what we experience. So then you’re only living out an idea in your head and can’t see others’ truths. Or they seem like lesser truths. Oh wait I get it. When people say truth doesn’t exist I think they mean there is no one truth. Truth exists, just not in one place, but alll over.

I wonder if the exchanges that take place here count as experiences where truths emerge and we see our differences. Or are we caught up in circles of rhetoric and logic? Does this count as experience? Is this why these little guys have so much power?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "He will not find you you must find him."

this totally counts. and I'm really no good with numbers.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "He will not find you you must find him."

The little SMILEY guys have POWER?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

A truth for sure! It’s okay to disagree. I guess I was thinking about how belief in “A Truth” can reduce what we experience. So then you’re only living out an idea in your head and can’t see others’ truths. Or they seem like lesser truths. Oh wait I get it. When people say truth doesn’t exist I think they mean there is no one truth. Truth exists, just not in one place, but alll over.

I wonder if the exchanges that take place here count as experiences where truths emerge and we see our differences. Or are we caught up in circles of rhetoric and logic? Does this count as experience? Is this why these little guys have so much power?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "He will not find you you must find him."

if you believe in them

Rob

tell that to quit sitting on the card

I don't mean to be pushy but I already wrote the rest of the story and I'm impatient for all this stupid misunderstanding to be over!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "He will not find you you must find him."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "He will not find you you must find him.

have I gone nuts? I'm sitting in this cafe so I can get wireless and every freaking song seems like its about me

a simple place

this is kind of like one of the songs I heard

a simple place

Meg Smith

Will you follow me

into the last room, where

sun draws an ocean of apricot

along the walls, floor

and clouds of blankets.

I live for this low fog.

You will say it, and I will say it,

or not,

or simply move together

toward the sweetness

of ebbing light.

Re: a simple place

those lyrics are so pretty, and compelling. I really like "sun draws an ocean of apricot"

Re: Re: a simple place

I always liked the lyric about the moon hitting your eye like a big pizza pie.

Re: Re: Re: a simple place

ouch! those anchovies really sting.

Re: Re: Re: Re: a simple place

Re: Re: Re: a simple place

i LOVE pizza!

Re: Re: Re: Re: a simple place