Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Riders on the storm show

I love everyone on that list, especially Jimi and Jonny. I just bought Jimi Hendrix live and the Fillmore DVD. It's awesome. I am convinced that Jimi Hendrix and the band of Gypsies were the greatest band ever. Buddy Myles was a genious in his own right and Jimi, of course, was out of this world. I agree that old Aerosmith was much better than the reconstituted Aerosmith.

Re: Riders on the storm show

It is definetly a move from the bands stated, however, there is a band named "Explosions in the Sky" which should be looked into. They are a purely instrumental band. Give "First Breath after a coma" a listen. Just beautiful melodic music. Worth a try.

Re: Re: Riders on the storm show

I forget what the original question was by now, and how we got here? But okay, I'll list a bunch of names:

The Beatles, The Bangles, Frank Sinatra, Harry Nilsson, Nat King Cole, REM, The Carpenters, Weird Al Yankevic, Britney Spears, The Monkees, Hoyt Axton, Helen Reddy, Leon Redbone, Elton John, Wild Orchid, Black Eyed Peas, Michael Jackson, Tony DeFranco and The DeFranco Family, Jose Feliciano, Elvis, Queen, Madonna, Willie Nelson, James Taylor, Paul Simon, and Olivia Newton-John.

I also have a massive collection of TV theme songs and a few Dr. Demento collections of novelty songs. I once left a tape of the Demento standard "Fish Heads" playing loudly in my car with my passenger remaining behind as I ran into the 7-11, leaving him to endure odd looks from passerby. I was highly satisfied by this.

Twirling this back around to semi-on-topic, another Dr. Demento standard was "Pencil Neck Geek" by Fred Blassie, and I'm pretty sure the "Mighty Mouse Theme" is on one of my Tee Vee Toons albums.

Re: Re: Re: Riders on the storm show

I loved the Dr. Demento show before it went of the air. Fish Heads, is a classic. I think what ruined Dr. Demento, was Weird Al. He made novelty songs mainstream.