Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
sorry to keep harping on this but

look at this interview
http://www.maximum-ink.com/archive/98/jul/html/neil_hamburger.html

and here's what wikipedia says:
Neil Hamburger is a stand up comedian, for lack of a better description. In truth, Neil Hamburger is a character played by Gregg Turkington whose other projects include the bands faxed head, Zip Code Rapists, and Three Doctors Band. Gregg was also co-owner of now defunct Amarillo Records , and he cowrote the book Warm Voices Rearranged: Anagram Record Reviews with Brandan Kearney.

Neil Hamburger's schtick is that he is the worst stand up comedian ever. His jokes range from variations of "Why did the chicken cross the road?" to Diana, Princess of Wales jokes to Michael Jackson jokes. His pacing is off, and he clears his throat nonstop through his entire routine, which is all part of the ultimate goal: to be the world's "worst" stand-up comedian. Neil's unique brand of comedy has thrilled, perplexed and repulsed audiences from the New York University Thompson Center to Jimmy Kimmel himself.

does this sound like someone else?

Re: sorry to keep harping on this but

It does. But he is too young to actually be that someone else. But he could be a part of "this," right?

Re: Re: sorry to keep harping on this but

I couldn't find a bio for him to find out his age but you're right, he looks too young.

Re: Re: Re: sorry to keep harping on this but

I think he's from canada.

Re: Re: Re: Re: sorry to keep harping on this but

have you ever seen him on jimmy kimmel? I don't watch his show

ok no more obsessing

besides the fact that he's too young he sounds nothing like AK to me. I listened on cdnow.

Re: ok no more obsessing

Maybe "Neil" is "claire?"

Re: Re: ok no more obsessing

He's in his mid 30s but makes himself up to look 55. He's definitely very influenced by Andy, but there's no connection. And he tours constantly; he couldn't possibly maintain Claire's board.

Has anyone else seen him live? It's pretty amazing. Really uncomfortable. His best shows are when at least a healthy part of the audience isn't in on the shtick.

Re: Re: Re: ok no more obsessing

"And he tours constantly; he couldn't possibly maintain Claire's board."

He (and a friend) could still maintain a board, couldn't he?

if he isn't claire maybe he's the boss

Re: Re: Re: Re: ok no more obsessing

claire's the boss I think

I am totally going to go see him in September. Mesa; that just cracks me up that he's playing in Mesa. In a Geography of Phoenix class last year we all had to do final projects on different neighborhoods or areas around town. One girl did hers on how much Mesa sucks. There is no life downtown, and they spent lots of money installing these creepy bronze statues of shoppers and children. Mesa is populated by retiree trailer parks and Mormons (No offense to either population). It was really funny. Mesa doesn't even suck in a way that can be slightly cool if you squint your eyes. I think I'm starting to like it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: ok no more obsessing

Is the thought that Neil Hamburger could be running that message board just a hunch? He is a bit of a prankster. He made a tape of really stupid crank calls awhile back.

Mesa would be the perfect place to see him. Nobody will know what the hell is going on... It's not fun to see him in L.A. because everyone knows what to expect.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sorry to keep harping on this but

Speaking of jimmy kimmel, I tried to watch that show once or twice, but just got disgusted, offended, annoyed, and grossed out. What a bummer. Am I the bummer, or does most tv suck?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sorry to keep harping on this but

Go watch a few episodes of "Family Guy" and then come back to Kimmel... he probably won't seem as bad after that.

Where did the name "Neil Hamburger" come from anyway? Claire reposted, at Ruby's request, the Dog Racing photo... and then McGee posted another picture of the same sign mentioning Neil on it. Was he mentioned before this? Are we grabbing and examining clues of our own creation? Or am I not remembering some prior Hamburger flipping?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sorry to keep harping on this but

just following the wild geese, I think Raaawb.

I should go to Mesa with you, Ruby, we may be the only 2 people laughing from the sounds of it haha

Yesterday, at Ruby's request, Claire posted the dog track sign image on the other board. That afternoon I was at the video store and coincidentally I stumbled across the Neil Hamburger dvd that had the same exact image. I remembered that Hamburger was mentioned a few times (once specifically by Claire, I think) and with his "M.O.", and all, it seemed worthy of bringing up. I searchd online, found the dvd image and posted it.

Check these out, Rob.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=neil+hamburger+andy+kaufman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sorry to keep harping on this but

Jimmy Kimmel and his pal, Adam Corolla are very hit and miss with me. Their show, The Man Show, was mostly just really bad, men behaving badly kind of stuff, amd mostly not very funny. But Corolla as been doing a Love advise show on a local radio station for years, and I actually think he's pretty good on that show.