Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Syrup on her chicken?

Try this

http://www.fastboards.com/boards/board.cgi?user=clairechanel

Re: Re: Re: Syrup on her chicken?

Nice association, Iggy. So now what about that darn College-Inn Chicken broth?

Re: Syrup on her chicken?

aha! we is the waffles. I didn't catch on to that one, Iggy.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Syrup on her chicken?

Just for fun, and a reminder to what the heck that means... here's what I posted on May 27, 2004 to "Gumpo's Board." Meanwhile... no, I still haven't eaten the two cans of College Inn Chicken Broth....

----------------------------------------------------

I guess this fits under "facts" better than it does "Detective Work"... although it's not much to do with finding Andy where he is today, but I may have oddly found him smirking at me from whatever plane of existence he exists in. And who else do I have to tell about this but alla you message board people?

This is really weird. Totally inconsequential, but bizarre.

I posted last week that I "won" an eBay auction for the book "Talks with Andy Kaufman" by Julie H. (Hecht, that is). The seller was kind enough to ship it immediately, and I actually received it yesterday. Started reading it this morning.

In the early part of the book (naturally, since I just started reading it), the author describes accompanying Andy and Bob to Andy's parents' home for dinner, after Andy performed at his former high school.

Enough detail is related about this evening, even mentioned is the fact that Andy's mom proudly prepared the homemade chicken soup with two chickens, and two cans of College Inn chicken broth.

Now, I've never, before this week, thought or even heard of College Inn chicken broth. If I had, I would have probably thought, "My, that's an odd name for a chicken broth."

Yet, just four days ago, I bought exactly two cans of College Inn chicken broth!

Now, I'm not a big consumer of chicken broth, but sometimes when I'm at the local Rite-Aid, I'll find they have a sale, two for a dollar. And then I'll decide, "Shoot, I could probably use two cans of chicken broth... after all, they're only two for a dollar."

I haven't seen the two for a dollar broths in some time. When I do see them, they're always Swanson's. This time I didn't even bother to register the brand name... fifty cents for a can of soup is not bad, and not worth much rumination about its parent company. But I did flash back on the name when I read about this 25-odd years ago preparation of food. I thought, "Was that College Inn chicken broth I bought?" It was indeed.

I'm sure this must be a popular brand name somewhere... after all, it has been around for at least the 25 years. I shop often enough (gotta eat something besides mac and cheese, right?) that I'm sure it would have registered well before now if it was common on the west coast. So how did this particular brand happen to suddenly appear to where I could buy two cans and, so soon subsequently, read about the mother of this guy we've been feverishly blathering about, preparing just that very thing for him to eat?

(By the way, if it is supposed he was a vegetarian, he does explain to the author, "When I'm at my parents' house, I eat what I am served.")

I think I may now be afraid to eat these two cans of College Inn chicken broth.

Re: Re: Re: Syrup on her chicken?

Thanks!