Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: post-post modernism or ...nonmodernism?

I don't know what to think about the global warming... I just know that my peanut brittle seems to turn gooey much faster these days, even though I use less hair spray than I used to.

And a while back, I was sort of unsuccessful in trying to come up with a satisfactory definition of "postmodern." People seem to bandy that term about as though they are hip to something... but what the hell is it, anyway? An art movement perhaps... but the word "post" usually means "after," and "modern," to me, means "stuff that is going on right now." So I think of that old '50s furniture that was meant to look "of the future" when it was made, when I think of "postmodern."

But if that's not what is meant by the term, i.e. "futuristic," then what the heck are these people doing with the word "modern" in there. Come up with a different descriptive terms, for gosh sakes. Modern. Modern times. Modern people with modern attitudes. "right now, with the times." Postmodern... "ahead of its time"? Actually, if you keep repeating the word "modern" it seems to become ludicrous and lose all meaning. Dern it!

Re: Re: post-post modernism or ...nonmodernism?

So is he saying we can't see the bull from all the poop? And are you saying postmodern means old? We really should all drive more to save the peanut brittle, and I don't think you should be putting any hairspray in it.