Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Hey people, I'd like to ask for some advice, please.

I think the reasn most people are hesitant to go to events on their own, is because they are worried about how they will be percieved. I think that is a lousy reason for not doing it. I say go for the season tickets, if that is something you would enjoy. Besides, it sounds like a perfect opportunity to meet people with common interests. And who wouldn't want to meet Ruby?

Re: Re: Re: Hey people, I'd like to ask for some advice, please.

Listen to Iggy! You might meet someone date-worthy if you go alone.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey people, I'd like to ask for some advice, please.

Of course! Lots of single men go to the opera all alone. They don't need the slightest bit of encouragement from a female companion to go, not at all! Men love the opera.

Oh! And fashion shows!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey people, I'd like to ask for some advice, please.

Thanks for the advice and kind words, everybody!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey people, I'd like to ask for some advice, please.

Who said they would be there alone? Think outside of the box Raaawbeeee... they might be there with their mother or sister. All you need is a little eye contact during intermission.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey people, I'd like to ask for some advice, please.

ooh! that sounds fun!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey people, I'd like to ask for some advice, please.

And it may be even someone dateworthy who likes the opera. I mean where are you gonna meet a guy who likes the opera, if not at an opera?

Re: Hey people, I'd like to ask for some advice, please.

Or I could buy a pair of tickets to the one show I really have my heart set on seeing. There are plenty of friends I can ask, and there is always the possibility I might have met someone date-worthy by the time of the show in a couple of months. Either way, I like the thought of inviting someone and giving him/her a complimentary ticket.

I'd go with that one. And sneak in some wild Turkey for crying out loud!

I think I'll get the season tickets and bring along my pal Bourbon. Good call, W.

Re: Re: Re: Hey people, I'd like to ask for some advice, please.

I personally would do the season tickets.

:)

Re: Hey people, I'd like to ask for some advice, please.

why don't you take the money you were going to use for the opera and donate it to a charity- or buy tickets for poor children. That would be a great alternative. I find that every dilemna can be solved by one selfless act.

That's very inspirational Mr. Sexpot.

Ruby deserves this treat, Mr. A.S.Jeffreys. As far as selfless acts go, she's one of the only people I know who acts on their convictions. Lot's of people, myself included, think and talk about doing something and that's as far as it goes. Ruby actually DOES something. Have fun at the opera, Ruby!