Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Dream

but where will Andy Milonakis be in 20 years?

oh, he'll probably be like 30 years old.

Re: Re: Re: Dream

Anyway, when I first read Revealed a year ago, I took it pretty straight up and had a rather icky feeling about Bob, Blustery Bob.

Since then about a hundred different little things have encouraged me to look at it in a different light, like he was being blustery on purpose, and I think it's sweet and funny. And part of the charm is that I am never sure if he was saying something straight up, or tongue in cheek. It's kind of like a hologram, and the picture changes depending on which angle you are approaching it.

One thing about Bob that always catches me...

We assume that all the stories about Bob and Andy enjoying prostitutes have at least some credence. But there is one quote from Bob that I read once, where he said that Andy hated Hollywood, he hated being on Taxi, he considered sitcoms the lowest form of comedy, akin to prostitution.

That just always gets me. Was he just using common parlance? Doublespeak?Did he think about what it meant when he said that? I always wonder.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dream

I believe that Andy was not above paradox, or hipocracy for that matter.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dream

I love the hologram analogy. I’m not sure I see the hypocrisy. Did it say anywhere that he held prostitution in high regard?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dream

Sure; I'm pretty sure in Revealed, Bob says that Andy had mentioned that it was a profession he would consider, if he'd been a woman. I think the distinction is made many times too between what Bob calls "star****ers" and then the professionals who are making candid business transactions. So it's pretty clear there who is portrayed as deserving respect.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dream

Andy saying he would consider prostitution for a profession if he'd been a woman does not necessarily mean he respected the institution itself. I mean why would he have to be a woman to consider it? My impression from the books was that he respected the prostitutes and treated them decently, but perhaps there was a bit of gender bias there.

I hate those references to "star****ers" in Revealed, but they sure do illustrate the relativity of things.
Point of confusion: At which point do "babes" lured by wealth and fame become "star****ers"?

Re: WOW

Well, maybe not really an upper-case WOW, perhaps more like a lower-case wow, but still...

Okay, so on the 9th I mentioned that Andy's "ranking" on IMDB Pro was 2,977 in "click popularity." I checked back for several days afterward and saw it stayed at the same number. TODAY, I look and it's now at 1,330! So 1,329 other personalities have received more IMDB clicks than Andy Kaufman, as of today. He just jumped ahead of oh, about half of the people who had received more clicks than him as of half a week ago.

And this is with nothing special going on... at least that I know of... so I'm wondering if anyone who read my last message on the 9th, went ahead and checked his IMDB listing? Could it be he only needed about five to ten unique clicks to make that big a jump?

Well, thought that was interesting. Keep clicking on him anyway... maybe clear your cache and do it again so the cookie doesn't tell the site you've done it before? Or, maybe not.

FYI: Rodney Dangerfield is at 2,567. Dick Van **** is at 1,573, and Dean Martin is at 1,785. He's passed them all!

<-- Andy smiley (who's to say it's not?)

Re: Re: WOW

I'm surprised that Dick Van D y k e's name didn't actually come out as **** Van ****.

Re: Re: Re: WOW

SEXISM!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: WOW

I wondered how long it would be before we found a use for that little guy.