Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Shake Your Money Maker

Although the subject line implied it, I don't mean because they're old. I don't think that has anything to do with it. I think it's that you get surrounded by yes men and money and you lose perspective. Your ego eats your talent. Or you lose your inner critic. Or like Castro. How he was the sweetest cat untill he won power.(actually, he still is a sweet cat)

Old ain't nothin'. Mark Twain kicked ass when he was old.

Re: Shake Your Money Maker

I think it's just good days and bad days.

I watched a story on PBS yesterday about Mark Twain, you're right, I don't think money and fame ever spoiled him. What a great man, and he had such tragedy in his life. Maybe the tragedy kept things in perspective, I dunno.

Re: Re: Shake Your Money Maker

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody."
- Following the Equator, Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar

Re: Re: Re: Shake Your Money Maker

I think Roy is right about artists who become insulated from the real world and lose their perspective. But let's face it, life waers everyone donwn. As people get older, they forget the ideals of youth. They become more conservative, lose their sense of adventure, of wonder.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Shake Your Money Maker

sad but true

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shake Your Money Maker

Yes, but how do we know it isn’t us life has worn down? McCartney’s words might have a different message now, Kaufman may have a new joke, and we may be clinging to the ideals of youth. Just a thought.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shake Your Money Maker

And a good one too

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shake Your Money Maker

Not a sad one?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shake Your Money Maker

Yea kind of sad too.