Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bo Groden

Another li'l addition to the AKLives was the line:

" Danika PatrickWelcome to Andy Kaufman Lives.com my name is Skyler and I live in Indiana. The wilds of Taos, New Mexico are home to eleven-year-old Bo Groden. Danika Patrick David Letterman"

A little bit hard to notice the itty bitty tiny type of the name "Danika Patrick" at the beginning and at the end with David Letterman's name. Danika Patrick, apparently, is a Grand Prix racing "hottie" according to some of the articles which pop up when given a good Googling. As for Bo Groden, who would be about 43 years old today (this found on a site discussing the film "Off the Map"):

Bo Groden (Valentina de Angelis) lives a unique and quite unusual life with her family in the wilds outside of Taos, New Mexico. Her mom, Arlene (Joan Allen) is a true free-spirited earth mother who gardens naked, raises all of their food and is the glue that holds the family together. Dad (Sam Elliott) has always been a strong, self-reliant man but has recently taken to battle an inner demon of depression. When an IRA auditor (Jim True-Frost) comes to their farm and falls ill after a bee stings him, things get even more interesting in the Groden household in director Campbell Scott's "Off the Map."

Re: Danica Patrick

So when I signed on to AOL today, I was greeted by a headline for an article in "AOL News"... about Danica Patrick (Danica spelled with a "c" rather than a "k").

Turns out there's some flap about the 100-pound driver having an unfair advantage over other drivers who weigh close to 200 pounds -- an advantage which could help her win races.

The article also mentions that she drives "Honda-powered Panoz for the powerful Rahal Letterman Racing team that won here last year with Buddy Rice." Without Googling further, I'd imagine the Letterman in that team name is likely our favorite lead-footed talk show host... or closely related.

My own thought on this: Yeah, the weight difference does sound like it would give her an advantage. But no one squawks about all the little short guys who traditionally ride racehorses, do they? This heavy dude is gonna quickly talk himself out of a job, and the Little People of America are gonna end up with a few more employment options!

Part of the article follows:

--------------------------------------------------
"NASCAR Driver Says Female Phenom Has Unfair Edge

R. Gordon Says Patrick Can Go Faster Because of Her Weight

(May 28) - Robby Gordon accused Danica Patrick of having an unfair advantage in the Indianapolis 500 and said Saturday he will not compete in the race again unless the field is equalized.

Gordon, a former open-wheel driver now in NASCAR, contends that Patrick is at an advantage over the rest of the competitors because she only weighs 100 pounds. Because all the cars weigh the same, Patrick's is lighter on the race track.

"The lighter the car, the faster it goes," Gordon said. "Do the math. Put her in the car at her weight, then put me or Tony Stewart in the car at 200 pounds and our car is at least 100 pounds heavier.

"I won't race against her until the IRL does something to take that advantage away."

The Indy Racing League does not consider the weight of the driver in its race specifications. The car has to weigh at least 1,525 pounds before the fuel and driver are added, and teams in Indy have estimated that Patrick will gain close to 1 mph in speed because of her small stature."

Re: Re: Danica Patrick

If I was her I'd throw a hundred pound weight under my seat and tell them to suck on some dust.

Re: Re: Re: Danica Patrick

Hey, I weigh 110. I went to the shop to have my car's alignment fixed, and the guy asked me to sit in the front seat for a moment while he did the final adjustment. Have you ever heard of that?? I winked at him and told him I don't weigh THAT much. I thought it was funny.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Danica Patrick

Also, listen to this; does this give anyone some ideas? We oughtta all get together at a diner and then take a stroll around small town America and make a walking tour podcast. Or I don't know, some other location. I would say donut shop, but apparently that's already been done.

And best of all, it was slightly subversive: an unofficial, homemade and thoroughly irreverent audio guide to MoMA, downloaded onto her own iPod.

The creators of this guide, David Gilbert, a professor of communication at Marymount Manhattan College, and a group of his students, describe it on their Web site as a way to "hack the gallery experience" or "remix MoMa," which they do with a distinctly collegiate blend of irony, pop music and heavy breathing. It is one of the newest adaptations in the world of podcasting - downloading radio shows, music and kitchen-sink audio to an MP3 player.

Specifically, these museum guides are an outgrowth of a recent podcasting trend called "sound seeing," in which people record narrations of their travels - walking on the beach, wandering through the French Quarter - and upload them onto the Internet for others to enjoy. In that spirit, the creators of the unauthorized guides to the Modern have also invited anyone interested to submit his or her own tour for inclusion on the project's Web site, mod.blogs.com/art_mobs. (Instructions are on the Web site.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Danica Patrick

how bout a walking tour of Andydom.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Danica Patrick

I thought I was the slim one, Ebert.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Danica Patrick

I can't ever keep us straight. I might even be the dead one, for all I know.

Re: Re: Danica Patrick

Danika Patrick gave them a run for their money. She was in first place on the last ten laps and was running low on fuel when she was passed by 3 drivers to come in 4th, not too shabby for a 23 yr old rookie girl. I didn't have any fingernails left when the race was over even though I am not a big racing fan. Letterman was interviewed at the end of the race and appeared to be thrilled with the outcome.