Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: From the same people who brought you AKLives...

That sight doesn't seem to make any sense. I wonder if someone stumbled onto AKlives cold if they would feel the same way. If it is the same folks, they've gotten better at it since.

Re: Re: From the same people who brought you AKLives...

To quote Max:

"Yes, Jim Morrison is dead. However the date and time of death is not widely known. James Douglas Morrison passed away on October 7th 1983 in North Hollywood under the assumed name Robert Trimwell. Cause of death: Acute Cocaine intoxication."

Re: Re: Re: From the same people who brought you AKLives...

To quote Hairy Houdini:

"Hey... I've been lookin' real hard, and I don't think that's that Morrison cat. I mean, c'mon, man- how could a fella fake his own death for decades and get away with it? The real hard part would be passin' up all the honeys. And ya couldn't shoot the teevee no more. That's the part that really gets me. I mean Morrison, not me. I mean Morrison couldn't shoot the teevee no more. Not me. I never shot no teevee, even when my Momma wouldn't make me no more fried peanut butter and banana samwiches. I mean Morrison. My Momma wouldn't make that hippie Morrison no samwiches. I read that in a book I bought at the K-mart the other day. I needed a new liesure suit, and some big cotton panties for my gurl, and some tiger curtains for the Jungle Room. I meant the teevee room. That's where I keep all my handguns. Beats the clapper."

Re: Re: Re: Re: From the same people who brought you AKLives...

To quote Reinstag:

"In 1969, Morrison was charged with public drunkeness, obscenity, feigning acts of masturbation and fellatio, and indecent exposure. This would have gotten him 10 years in jail. Add to that he was facing more than 20 paternity suits and he did what any intellegent rock star would do... he fled to Paris with his common law wife, Pamela Courson.

July 3, 1971 Morrison was found dead (but freshly shaved) in their bathtub. He was 27.

Here is where things get muddy.

Morrison was discovered by Courson. Doors road manager was the first person who knew Morrison (other than Courson) who got to the apartment. He found an already sealed coffin and a death certificate for Jim. Courison couldn't remember the name of the doctor who signed it (not unreasonable if you ask me). The cause of death was listed as a heart attack but no police report was filed nor was an autopsy performed. Both are standard procedure in Paris at the time.

When Courson filed the death certificat papers at the US embassy (on the day of the funeral) she told the file clerk that Jim had no surviving relatives. This let the certificate be processed that day and the funeral went as scheduled. Jim's mother, father and two siblings were alive and well in Arlington, Virginia.

Jim had been quoted many times as saying he wanted to start over and not be in the public eye. On the flip side, he was known to have an obsession with death and death images so the idea of him commiting suicide isn't out of the question. There were persistant rumors that a heroin overdose was the cause of death but there are no accounts of him ever touching the stuff before this point (plenty of alchohol though, the man could drink)."

Re: Re: Re: Re: From the same people who brought you AKLives...

Mcgee, your new fangled cryptic posting style is making me *crazy.

*Crazy for cryptic posting.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: From the same people who brought you AKLives...

And these pretzels are making me *thirsty!

*Thirsty for ice cold beer.