Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Roy

Welcome back, Claire, on this, the 21st anniversary of the reported death of Andy Kaufman.

Imagine, just one year ago, you and I were in the same room together and weren't even aware of each other's existence. Several different rooms even... the House of Blues, then across the street, then the apartment. I picked up your postcard as a souvenir and then found your website the next day just poking around, not even realizing it was related to the postcard until a couple days later.

It was fun following along with you on your message board. It's too bad that something had to screw it up. I'm sure all of us still here chatting would agree that it was not WE who messed things up... to us, it seemed the "hands that fed us" had turned (so to speak) and spanked us all out of the room. We've tried to make appeals here and there anyway, but have ended up disappointed still. So, we've moved on, I'd say with no regrets at all; just holding on to a few fond memories of the fun parts while saving some reservations about sticking our necks out once again.

I believe we would almost universally welcome your return if you wanted to "play" again... maybe even foolishly so. It would add to the ongoing conversation that we've chosen to continue without you. We know you went to an awful lot of trouble, and that you were very attentive. We appreciated the overall goal of furthering Andy Kaufman's "legend" in the eyes of the public. And we admired your creativity, and we even enjoyed hearing about your doggies. But be aware that none of us here... me, McGee, Sara, Ruby, Jenny, Jana, Kathy, Rex, Roy, Iggy, and any number of other innocent passer-by I haven't named here... did anything to undermine your efforts. We all wanted to be here, and to participate.

So if you have something you'd like for us to see, please share it. If you only want to continue sharing further disappointment/hurt/anger/modified swear words... well, we've already seen it. Try something different. If you want an audience, we're it... I don't see anyone else out there actively continuing this pursuit in the name of Andy Kaufman, 21 years after his reported death.

I say "us" and "we" to speak on behalf of everyone... although perhaps presumptuous to do, these would seem to be the common sentiments. Of course, anyone is welcome to amend.

Andyway, best wishes to you, and to everyone here, on the 21st Andyversary. I have enjoyed the pleasure of your company.

Re: Re: Roy

I second these emotions.

Re: Re: Re: Roy

But you've got to admit that the way she turned Roy's name around and called herself, yor, that was pretty clever.