Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Zamoodah interview from 1999

A friend was kind enough to find and share this with me:

Zamooooodah!

"So let me go on the record to say that Andy Kaufman is dead. He's not in some truck stop with Elvis someplace. Andy was told he had lung cancer and four months later, he was dead. It just ravaged the body. What fueled the rumors that he faked his death was that Andy never smoked! He was a health nut. So for this guy to come down with (lung cancer) -- nobody believed him!

(However), had Andy Kaufman lived, he would have faked his death. No doubt in my mind. So it's a catch-22!"

Re: Zamoodah interview from 1999

It always seems to me that Bob's doing a misdirection. It's a 2 parter, double reversal deal. He makes it obvious that he is only pretending ak could live. He defuses the potential. His delivery is SO broad.

The idea is, you think "It's so obvious he's milking it. I can tell he's trying to make me think AK might be alive. I'm smarter than that. This guys full of it. AK is the dodo."

I've seen him act. He's incredible. I can't imagine the dude doing Bob Gorsky in the midnight special, could unintentionaly act that poorly. In the midnight special he does, in fact , deliver a mild form of the same hammery... When he's doing the Kaufman can't get a job routine.

I suppose he could be suffering from a case of middle aged man. Lots of good actors have. (Paccino, Nicholson etc)

And Bob, if you're reading this and I'm wrong, sorry to slag, but look on the bright side, I just compared you to Paccino and Nicholson.

Remember, always watch the other hand. In this case his third one.

Re: Re: Zamoodah interview from 1999

Do you ever wonder to yourself, when is the other shoe going to drop?