Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Clifton

Couldn't the ending have been hinting that Tony Clifton was a real person? I think the DVD even credits Tony as being played by himself.

Re: Clifton

I think you're right.

Re: Re: A slight twist to the death hoax theory.

Hey Raaawb, you’re on a roll today! But see, from my point of view it could be a collective false memory. I’m not saying it’s actually the case here, obviously since there are those of us who remember what happened. But I didn’t watch SNL, wasn’t into wrestling, and didn’t watch Taxi. I remember Latka because well you’d only have to watch one episode to remember Latka. Other than that nothing. Until 1999. As far as the article reprints go, I haven’t seen the actual articles, so how would I know? For me personally the collective false memory theory is feasible. And interesting. When I watched the movie I didn’t know who he was or even that he had died. I walked out thinking he had faked his death. I left the theatre and went right away to the bookstore next door and bought Funhouse, mostly out of curiosity. I actually thought the book would resolve everything, reveal he was still alive, and that would be that. I never expected to find my way here ruminating for this length of time. I am not that patient. And I rarely went on the internet. What is really strange is the time gap between when he died and when the first bio was written, given his contribution, impact, and how intensely people admire his work. Really makes you go hmmmm.

Re: Re: Re: A slight twist to the death hoax theory.

I could never watch SNL that show was so damn boring Andy doing mighty mouse was great but all that stuff with john belushi hitting counters with the swords, Steve Martin's wild and crazy guys.... Then there was Gilda, I have nothing against her as a person but damn she got on my nerves. Its even worse now. It was probaly at its best with Farley, Phil Heartman, and Dana.

Re: Re: Re: Re: A slight twist to the death hoax theory.

It will never be as great at 75-80. Even if just because that group was the first one to throw out the rule book and set the standard for television anarchy.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A slight twist to the death hoax theory.

So what happened?