Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!

Some syrup may get on your chicken but that's okay.

Andy Kaufman's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lost leads and fleating hypotheses.

Now that things have calmed down, there are a few leads that got lost in the stampede of trolls.

I think it would be good to see the Letterman in Vegas with the Elvis impersonator. Could the mentioner of that try and remember the aprox. date. Also Letterman's remote segment with the "Andy" construction worker.

Wasn't someone supposed to be getting the audition tapes from the contest in NYC?

There was also a post about auditions for a history show. I'm guessing that the hint implied that the middle aged host is Andy. What was the show called?

There was some hint that actor Lee Bear could be Andy. He appears in Clear and Present Danger. I haven't been able to bring myself to rent it. I would feel stupid when I had to explain to my wife why I had rented this lame movie.

There are more, I'll try and remember. Anyone else?

What follows is just an idea that popped into my head. I thought I'd run with it.

The operator of aklives is a friend or fan who has been actively "hunting" andy kaufman. They are feeding their discoveries either to us or to (who they believe is) Andy (to show him they know what's up? maybe they believe this is how andy intended his discovery) There are things throughout the site's history that could show the method of search. Besides traditional searches, they could be sifting out candidates by age and other "narrowers" such as interests, locations, medical history etc... The site itself is a dragnet for potential Andies. These could be cross referenced with their practical leads. This thought first occured to me when there was an acne clinic mentioned. Perhaps the photos, such as graceland and aruba, are of their search trips. If this theory is true, this person is seriously committed!

dragnet

It's an interesting theory and you might have something there. I've always wondered about the point of the site. It always seemed like there was some purpose that went beyond being a tribute.

Re: Lost leads and fleating hypotheses.

Wow, some of those things you mentioned, I don't even remember being discussed! I haven't really paid close attention to "could be Andy" appearances in films and TV shows... at least I recall thinking that the screen captures we've seen looked, to me, absolutely nothing at all like him, even if you factor in 20 years of aging.

As for the site, my best answer is "who knows?" But if one were to simply consider the possibilities behind it, you could figure that either:

- the site author is only conjecturing that he survived and, as you suggested, is setting up a web to draw him in;

- the site author really has no idea and is trying to build a case by taking existing information and supplementing it with his thoughts and interpretations of this information;

- the site author has created this mostly out of whole cloth in order to simply advance the legend of Andy Kaufman;

- the site author feels they are "on to something" and are hoping that discussion about it will reveal more information (as one might suppose by posted "evidence" in the form of messages posted since the site was begun);

- the site author has definite personal knowledge of Andy's survival beyond 1984; or...

- the site author is Andy himself, or Bob, or Lynne, or some other "insider" who is leading their audience toward something definitive... maybe even the return of Andy Kaufman.

There could be other possibilities, too. Hard to say when some of the site offers the words of others combined with the author's own statements, along with things that only "could be" evidence, such as the conjecture about the Death Certificate's authenticity. As for that, the doctor who signed it is a real doctor who still practices to this day... I looked up his name not too long ago and his office number is still listed, in Beverly Hills, I believe... he never seems to be mentioned much at all, though. If Andy does somehow show up, this guy got some 'splainin' to do....