Return to Website

PetNetDesigns Message Board

Welcome to the PetNetDesigns Message Board This message Board is for Pet Professioals. Discussions can include any Pet Industry topic. We are professionals, and profesionalism is expected when using this board. Absolutely no vulgar language or slandering of others will be tolerated.

PetNetDesigns Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Some Groomers!!!!

What do you think? I work with a groomer that is a slob!! Not only that she is very rough with the animals. I have told my boss that we are losing business because of it and she has had frequent talks with this girl. Today, a client called to say that they were not satisfied with the services performed by this groomer. As a result, I have to re-groom this dog at no charge to the owner and this other groomer will have to pay me out of her pay...(I have a better chance of seeing a snowball in St. Thomas) How would anyone else handle this problem?

Re: Some Groomers!!!!

tammy, that is a bad situation, but somehow the owner of the dog has to contact the salon, either by stopping in or calling.

I would definetly tell the owner of the dog that since the dog was groomed by "so and so" that you cannot infringe upon the client groomer relationship. Tell them very politely that you would be more than happy to groom the dog for them the next time, and try to groom to the owners specifications, if they would kindly be sure to request you as the stylist when they book. I would even ask if they would care to schedule an appointment right then, for a couple of weeks ahead.

I would also not regroom the dog and expect the other groomer to pay me. She (as you said) probably won't! I would explain this to the salon owner as well. Just tell her that you are not comfortable with this situation and that you expect the salon OWNER to pay you directly, if you have to do a complimentary groom.

I do work with only one other groomer though, and have not had this particular problem, only from owners coming from another SHOP with this problem, not within the same shop. But I tell them that, and they are always very nice about it. Lori

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

What do you think? I work with a groomer that is a slob!! Not only that she is very rough with the animals. I have told my boss that we are losing business because of it and she has had frequent talks with this girl. Today, a client called to say that they were not satisfied with the services performed by this groomer. As a result, I have to re-groom this dog at no charge to the owner and this other groomer will have to pay me out of her pay...(I have a better chance of seeing a snowball in St. Thomas) How would anyone else handle this problem?