Return to Website

PetNetDesigns Message Board

Welcome to the PetNetDesigns Message Board This message Board is for Pet Professioals. Discussions can include any Pet Industry topic. We are professionals, and profesionalism is expected when using this board. Absolutely no vulgar language or slandering of others will be tolerated.

PetNetDesigns Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: need advise

When I left my first grooming job, I had troubles also.

I wasn't allowed to take any of my grooming cards with the names and numbers, or inform anyone of my leaving.

SOOOO, When I did open up my new shop, in my first few LARGE yellow page ads and on flyers, I made sure I put my name in BIG BOLD letters. Most of my clients found me that way, or by word of mouth.

I understand her not letting me tell the clients more now after being in business for myself for 12 years. She had spend ALOT of money in advertising. Also, she was very bitter about loosing a good employee that made her money.

Good Luck! : )

Nicky

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am a groomer of 10+ years at my present employer's kennel & grooming shop. 8 wks ago I gave my notice (that would actually be 12 by the time I really leave),and my boss told me NOT to inform clients of this.85% of my clients have been there for 8+ yrs or more,and if nothing else,I think I owe them this info so they can consider another groomer.I have told my VERY GOOD/OLD customers,but I believe ALL deserve this.And, the owners aren't even going to get a new groomer, so my re-booking clients won't be told there's no groomer until they show up!!! My last day is Oct. 1, & I was thinking of putting a sign up saying "I'm regret to infom my clients that I'll be leaving....". Any thoughts how to deal?[eeke]