Return to Website

PetNetDesigns Message Board

Welcome to the PetNetDesigns Message Board This message Board is for Pet Professioals. Discussions can include any Pet Industry topic. We are professionals, and profesionalism is expected when using this board. Absolutely no vulgar language or slandering of others will be tolerated.

PetNetDesigns Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: new to this site

I'm new to this message board too! I think you did the absolute right thing to cancel your next appointments and sterilize your equipment. Some owners can be so stupid. Why on earth would you take your sick puppy out to be groomed. Unless she/he didn't realize how sick her dog was; and we all know how oblivious some owners are as to the conditions of their dogs.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

i am on my own grooming now after a 6 month apprentiseship. well it has been a year and 1/2 i have been grooming on my own i am glad there is a site i can come to to ask questions.

i recently had a client who had a yorkie with a stomach virus and diarrea can i charge extra for the groom i had to cancle after because of needing to disinfect my equiptment? the dog was sick in the am and she never notifyed me and the little thing ended up exploding all over my stuff.

i did notify her her dog needed to go to the vet but to take the chance that i was going to spread this to other dogs was a risk i was not willing to take.

Re: Re: new to this site

well the one problem is that i am simi mobil. i go to peoples houses to groom their pets. and as it has been a couple of months since i posted even tho i took precautions i ended up bringing this virus home and giving it to my shepard. it was not pretty.... and i will not go back to groom her dog.

Replying to:

I'm new to this message board too! I think you did the absolute right thing to cancel your next appointments and sterilize your equipment. Some owners can be so stupid. Why on earth would you take your sick puppy out to be groomed. Unless she/he didn't realize how sick her dog was; and we all know how oblivious some owners are as to the conditions of their dogs.

Replying to:

i am on my own grooming now after a 6 month apprentiseship. well it has been a year and 1/2 i have been grooming on my own i am glad there is a site i can come to to ask questions.

i recently had a client who had a yorkie with a stomach virus and diarrea can i charge extra for the groom i had to cancle after because of needing to disinfect my equiptment? the dog was sick in the am and she never notifyed me and the little thing ended up exploding all over my stuff.

i did notify her her dog needed to go to the vet but to take the chance that i was going to spread this to other dogs was a risk i was not willing to take.