Return to Website

PetNetDesigns Message Board

Welcome to the PetNetDesigns Message Board This message Board is for Pet Professioals. Discussions can include any Pet Industry topic. We are professionals, and profesionalism is expected when using this board. Absolutely no vulgar language or slandering of others will be tolerated.

PetNetDesigns Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Going to begin a Grooming career

There is a huge need for skilled groomers everywhere. The key word here is "skilled". You are already half way there by choosing to train professionally. Concentrate on developing the arts of proper clipper work, scissoring and appropraite handling of the animal. Don't worry about speed. This will come naturally.

You are going to do well. There may be alot of groomers out there, but there is alway room for a stylist who cares about the animal and the quality of the work.

Good Luck to you

Peggy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks so much for your reply

Replying to:

To the contrary, I just finished our business plan and the pet industry is booming. Groomers where we live are booked until August! Our shop is going to add grooming and our retail is very busy. We only have about a 3% market share in our area and have been in biz since Dec. 2001 and are already at our break even point. I think you will be just fine. Best of luck to you.

Replying to:

Hi,

I'm going to begin training next week to become a dog groomer, my lifelong dream after 15 years in corporate america!! I've heard to job market in not too good. Anyone in the Pinellas County area have an opinion? Also would like any advice others may have to offer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Going to begin a Grooming career

Thanks to all that replied. It was important to hear from others in the business.

Replying to:

There is a huge need for skilled groomers everywhere. The key word here is "skilled". You are already half way there by choosing to train professionally. Concentrate on developing the arts of proper clipper work, scissoring and appropraite handling of the animal. Don't worry about speed. This will come naturally.

You are going to do well. There may be alot of groomers out there, but there is alway room for a stylist who cares about the animal and the quality of the work.

Good Luck to you

Peggy

Replying to:

Thanks so much for your reply

Replying to:

To the contrary, I just finished our business plan and the pet industry is booming. Groomers where we live are booked until August! Our shop is going to add grooming and our retail is very busy. We only have about a 3% market share in our area and have been in biz since Dec. 2001 and are already at our break even point. I think you will be just fine. Best of luck to you.

Replying to:

Hi,

I'm going to begin training next week to become a dog groomer, my lifelong dream after 15 years in corporate america!! I've heard to job market in not too good. Anyone in the Pinellas County area have an opinion? Also would like any advice others may have to offer

Re: Going to begin a Grooming career

I'm very interested in grooming, but live in Miami. Where are you going to train??

Replying to:

Hi,

Re: Re: Going to begin a Grooming career

The school is in Largo Florida, Academy of Animal Arts. I've been going for three weeks. It's great and I'm very excited to begin groomng

Replying to:

I'm very interested in grooming, but live in Miami. Where are you going to train??

Replying to:

Hi,

Re: Going to begin a Grooming career

good luck in your new choosen profession! i have not had any trouble finding work as a groomer or in my case now being my own boss while i am in germany.

Replying to:

Hi,