No Boundaries Forum

Welcome to your No Boundaries forum. This forum is your opportunity to make your comments about any topic relevant to other travellers of Australia. Feel free to post a message.

No Boundaries Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Camping Free In Qld

I have just received a letter from Qld Main Roads saying it is ok to stay 8hrs in a rest area with a no campling sign. I will now start to work on them to put this on the signs so the sites aren't so empty and therefore dangerous. Also so law obiding citizens stop getting killed on our road. Refer increase in fatigue related accidents since the no camping signs went up.

Re: Camping Free In Qld

Well done for finding out that information and I urge travellers to free camp as often as possible. Safety in numbers will make it more enjoyable for everyone. I beleive that it is the right of all Australians to camp at reserves and rest areas.

Thanks Ken,
Julia deserves the thanks for this one.
Here is a link for a copy of the letter. Adobe reader is required.
http://www.noboundaries.com.au/Safety/QLD%20rest%20areas.htm [8-)[:-)]

CAUTION Livingston Shire Central Qld has a policy of no camping other than Van parks or National Parks camping grounds. This includes self contained vans ect. Fine $350. This is my local area on the Capricorn Coast.

Thanks for that Leigh. Area those areas controlled by local authorities or areas they QLD Main Roads rest areas?
Maybe the local council needs to be made aware of the letter mentioned above. There may be grounds for legal action.
Leigh, I also tried to contact you re your Guest Book entry but the email bounced back
Kym

Sorry Kym I left the au off. Those areas do come under Local Gov control but signs are easy to miss and a lot have been caught out along beachfront areas.

Leigh. Please contact me by pers email. My emails to you are bouncing back.
Kym

Hello Julia, We are new travellers, setting out in March 08 for an around Australia trip. We are taking 12 year old grandson (we are his guardians) and our dog Indiana bones. We have been researching free parks to keep our costs down and we appreciated your information. The last thing we need is to get a hefty fine. We have plenty of time but not plenty of money. Do you know how we can find travelling companions ( other nomads ) to travel through more remote areas of the top end together. Safety in numbers and much more fun.

Hi Bil & Liz,
Thanks for your question. There are a few books around as you will find during your research. The books that are usually described as "The Bible" are the "Camps Australia Wide" series. These books are available from most camp stores or from our online No Boundaries General Store. I would also suggest copying the letter that Julia has sent us and is available from the "Safety" page of No Boundaries.
Safe travels
Kym

Hi Gang,

I've been carrying this letter for a while now......never had to use it, but I've assumed that it doesn't include state parks, but would it include local govt areas (local carparks)?

Sometimes it's difficult to know which are which.

Ian