A Place to discuss all things Maverick.
THIS PAGE IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH MARSHALL ISD IN ANY WAY

Be Kind.  Keep it clean.

My Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Realignment changes coming in 2022...?

With alignment looming this winter..... district 9-5A (football only) could see some changes with the possibility of Jacksonville dropping to 4A. Sulphur Springs is also rumored to be headed to 4A as well.

This could possibly send seismic changes in East Texas 5A.

Texas High and Mount Pleasant could be headed down the I-30 corridor.
Nacogdoches and Whitehouse could be headed south

Where does that leave Marshall, Pine Tree, and Hallsville? Could they be headed into a DFW district including Mesquite schools? Possibly south with Ennis and Corsicana.

What's your wish/hope for 2022 alignment?

Nightmare scenario for alignment?

Could be interesting.

Your thoughts?

Re: Realignment changes coming in 2022...?

East Texas will see some changes, but nothing major. Jacksonville and Sulphur Springs will drop leading to some shuffling.

Marshall
Pine Tree
Hallsville
Nacogdoches
Texas High
Mount Pleasant
Whitehouse

Crandall
Ennis
Sherman
Greenville
Corsicana
Forney

Marshall
Pine Tree
Hallsville
Greenville
Texas High
Mount Pleasant

Nacogdoches
Whitehouse
Crandall
Ennis
Sherman
Corsicana
Forney

I really just don't see too many changes happening for the East Texas schools when realignment happens. I see a swap here and there but I don't see a bunch of wholesale changes. There are far too many DFW school in the 5AII and 5AI and they will do whatever is necessary to not take those long I-30 and I-20 trips.

datman903
I really just don't see too many changes happening for the East Texas schools when realignment happens. I see a swap here and there but I don't see a bunch of wholesale changes. There are far too many DFW school in the 5AII and 5AI and they will do whatever is necessary to not take those long I-30 and I-20 trips.
I don't think the schools have any say in what districts they are put in. They have to travel wherever UIL tell them to go. Texas High was in a district with Mckinney North, Mesquite schools, and Wylie. I don't think any of them were excited about going to Texarkana and Tyler for district, but they had to.

Jacksonville dropping out of 4A will be the only change in the distirct.

Marshall
Hallsville
Texas High
Pine Tree
Nacogdoches
Whitehouse
Mount Pleasant