General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'IBIZA ROCKS'

Hey All,

Just a quickie to let you know I'm off to Ibiza on Saturday to check out the new adventure from Manumission and Barfly 'Ibiza Rocks' (Jealous Already????????)

'Ibiza Rocks' was recently launched by Barfly and Manumission to showcase the best new live music, the stunning line-up of live bands such as The Bravery, Tom Vek, Babyshambles, Kaiser Chiefs, Maximo Park and many many more.

Here is a snippet of what's happening and what will be happening over the next few weeks -

JULY

Monday 4th Babyshambles, FischerSpooner, Eddy Temple Morris, Glimmers & Barry Ashworth
Monday 11th Whitey, FischerSpooner & Ewan Pearson
Monday 18th Fischerspooner, Do Me Bad Things, Tom Middleton
Friday 22nd Maximo Park, Zane Lowe & Paul Epworth (Ibiza Rocks opening)
Monday 25th Fischerspooner, Freeform Five, Ewan Pearson
Friday 29th John Kennedy, Anu Pillai (Freeform Five)

AUGUST

Monday 1st Annie, Fischerspooner, Eddy Temple Morris & Adam Freeland
Friday 5th Manumission Birthday with Mylo, Hard Fi, Breakfastaz & Eddy Temple Morris
Monday 8th Hot Hot Heat, Fischerspooner & Ladytron
Friday 12th Faithless, Goldfrapp, Futureheads, Rob da Bank, Zane Lowe, Paul Epworth & Jacques Lu Cont
Monday 15th Fatboy Slim, Tom Vek, Fischerspooner & Optimo
Friday 19th Optimo DJ's
Monday 22nd The Rakes, Wall of Sound, Fischerspooner, Mark Jones, Alvin & guests
Friday 26th Rob da Bank
Monday 29th Infadels, Fischerspooner, Eddy Temple Morris, Krafty Kuts & Freestylers

SEPTEMBER

Friday 2nd Kaiser Chiefs, Mylo, Eddy Temple Morris, Gary Lightbody (Snow Patrol), Jagz Kooner
Monday 5th Fischerspooner & Ewan Pearson
Friday 9th The Bravery, Zane Lowe & Tom Middleton
Monday 12th Fischerspooner & Optimo
Monday 19th Juliette & The Licks, Fischerspooner, Ewan Pearson & Eddy Temple Morris

Myself and Karen aka (Danni) from Elevation Station will be covering most nights when we are there.We will take notes and try and not make it 'a night of drunken debauchery'. So keep an eye on the site for when we come back as you are all now well aware 'I ALWAYS HAVE A STORY TO TELL!!!!)

Seems like there is now a desire for dance kids to rock and rock kids to dance!!!!

ROCKIN IBIZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eva xx

Re: 'IBIZA ROCKS'

A statement was issued on sunday by SNPD (spanish national police dept) claiming that despite the sudden inflow of numerous sightings of the wild untamed beast - the spanish yeti in and around the san antonio bay area of ibiza - that the public must remain calm. The yeti(s) have wreack untold havock on the harbours venue and dock land areas, hardest hit areas include manumisson club and other notorious reveller venues.

The SNPD has confirmed that they have in there custody two of the beasts who speak in a slurred dialect, and claim to be reporters from scotland... they will be released from custody in a few hours pending further evidance of thier responsibility of the damage and devestation that lies in thier wake.

The SNPD have said that if these untamed canabilistic creatures approach you must- remain calm and ply with alcohol and shower with affection.

------------------------------------------------------

please note that this article has been extracted from an unreliable source...

well iam back in kinda 1 piece....... apart frm an almost broken ankle (dont ask)and a toenail that was kick d off from an over excited kaiser fan, (those crazy kids)not 2 mention the american stalker.....pretty creepy actually. that my friends is the melting pot that makes ibiza the most weird n wonderful place ive visited in a long time. big thanks to manumission,space,el divino,es paradis,qumaras,mambo,savhana's n many many more for looking after us.
lookout for the special sn pages on elevationstation.net its gonna be DOPE.......

eva
x

so...

is that all there is? what about thi year whats happeing?

whats the actual storey behind it all?

whos all going to ibiza this year?

me n the boyos av just booked up! yeha!

can i *** too pwease?

ARGGGHHH! WHOS ALL GOING THSI YEAR THEN! BLARRGHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAW!

right then troops, you all better be cumin n seein me djing! even although its only in a big pub - not a club ill have u know, but the bigger the crowd the better so get yer arses all over now!

When will they release this years line up?

When?

Jaff when will you be playing in Ibiza, will be there for the first 2 weeks of August... so may pop along and see u???

shabba is it true? are the carl & pete gonna play?

I don't think carl n pete will be playing at ibeefa, there barely friends again n everyones deeming it as the second coming.

although a lot of other good bands shall.

i shall be there for three weeks maybe more, its still to be confirmed playing psychedelic rawk, mixed in with minimal elecrtrorororor raaaawk babeeee basically a lot of bass, with a wee bit of punk poking its head up here n there.

im 11th aug-2nd sept (ish)

so everyone must come, and dance like your on medicine...

oh yoshimi! they dont believe me!

JUST WANTED TO SAY IBIZA IS ******* RAAAWKING SO GET YOUR **** OVER HERE NOW EVERYONE!

ITS HOT
ITS SWEATY
ITS DIRRRTY
AND MOST INPORTANTLY!

ITS ONLY ******* RAAAWK N' ROLL!

XXX

hey jaff!

how long will you be in inbiza?
we go over in two weeks!

gonna me nmad

get over here now!

its roating!

aaawwwwwwwwoooooccchie!

WHOSE GONNA GO O FOALS 2N8T AT BAR M?

ME!

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd faithless!

happnin punks?

Just wantid tea pure like say mad fanks n aw that to the starry boardies who came down to purple poney the other night, i'm still rattilen from the whol she baaag, but oh well, we r back on again on wed/thurs/fri then sunday pheeew, so if you guys are still in town get over!

Suzie my weee doll, i shall play samin but only for you! and it will be short n sweet coz i canny stand it now!

thanks to richard and his chums too!

we've never had sum one on sum one's shoulders!

lets see if we can get anyone to get there **** out next time! hahahaha

drinks are well cheap, so get down for ur pre-partys.

we play dirky bass, "disco.punk.elctro.funk", good ole rock n roll, and a bit of a new genre we have dubbed "bones".

*** and see

we love ur ears!

xxx
xxx
xxx