Return to Website

Forum for Sophie's World

Discussion groups for a variety of topics on the book "Sophie's World" and Commentary.

Note that any entry used for spam will be deleted without warning!

Forum for Sophie's World
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Lost and confused with the ending??

I just finished reading this book but the end really has gotten me confused. What's the overall message? What happens to Hilde, Sophie, Alberto??

Re: Lost and confused with the ending??

hey
i don't know what happens, can anybody tell me that please?

Re: Re: Lost and confused with the ending??

How are you confused? (IE plot line, philosophy lessons, end of the book, etc.) This book is kind of confusing for the first time.
I found it helpful if I go back and reread parts that I was having trouble with. Usually just reading it once doesn't help.
If you have any specific problems I'd be happy to help, and I'm sure so would anybody else.
Please post your questions and have a copy of the book on hand when you read the replies.
Thanks!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

hey
i don't know what happens, can anybody tell me that please?

Re: Lost and confused with the ending??

I think there's two worlds: Sophie's world and Hilde and Mister Knag's world. Both are ilusion. But our world could be a ilusion too, right?
On my understanding, Sophie and Alberto are dead, because the car on Sophie'a party. The car crash the tree, but crash Sophie and Albeto too. After this they live the life after death (like Ghoust with Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore) Sophie and Albeto are dead because the madness, violence, unprudence of the world.
Hilde and her dad live in a ilusion world too, like Sophie. The mirror and the boat have a important means to see that.
Send me a e-mail. This conversation will be verry long.