Return to Website

Forum for Sophie's World

Discussion groups for a variety of topics on the book "Sophie's World" and Commentary.

Note that any entry used for spam will be deleted without warning!

Forum for Sophie's World
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HELP

um ok, here goes. i got told to read this book by a very intelligent friend of mine. i did and i found it really fascinating. but at the moment i am feeling very inferior when the group of people i love being around have their constant discussions on philosophy and other such topics. i am more than happy to listen in and find out everyone's opinion but i can rarely voice my own - as i have neither the knowledge of full understanding. i really want to be on the 'higher level' as many people refer to it as in the deep and meaning conversations that i crave. where can i start to develop my mind in these areas? any feedback would be much appreciated, even if it is to scorn my immature philosiphical mind. thanks.

Re: HELP

sexy unknown oooo! i would listen more and reread the book. Imitation is always the best way to survive.

Re: HELP

I recommend to everyone read Sophie's World twice or even more. Latter, you could go deeper reading bibliographies of philosophies. Read the Plato's Republic, for exemple. Go deeper, don't be afraid, it's easy. The Sophie's World is the first step to knwon anything about philosophy. After read this book you have to study more and more. Leave the poket books, and go to a advanced knowledge.
Remember Goethe's comentary in the begining of Sophie's World.