Return to Website

Buckeye Bluegrass & Michigan Bluegrass Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message. This forum is for the promotion of Bluegrass Music in the states of Ohio and Michigan. If you have a question about a festival or a group, are looking for a special guitar, or just want to chat about the great show or jam you went to last night, here is the place. Let's all keep it clean and play nice, y'all here? For Michigan Bluegrass visitors... you'll have to use your back browser button to get back to the Michigan Bluegrass site! I'm sorry! Until we have seperate forums, we'll have to deal with this. We felt that one forum would be best and a little cheaper on our pocketbooks, since is all by donation and little bit of advertising! Hope you all understand!

Buckeye Bluegrass & Michigan Bluegrass Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Guitar!!!!!

Hey I just bought a new Martin HD-28V from Wildwood Music in Coshocton Ohio. Man what a guitar!!!! The bluegrass guitar of guitars!!!! I've waited 20 years for this baby and i finally got it. Yehaa Take care and happy pickin. Brad

Re: New Guitar!!!!!

Pork Cop----congrats man, I've had an HD28 for about a year now and I love it! Love that herringbone! Now the 'V' has the aged toner top, but is there any other difference between yours and my HD28?

Mine sounds great, and gets better the more I play it! Have fun, pick on!

Mike, our guitars are similar with a few exceptions, it has the modified V neck like yours but the top bracing is D-OMLE forward shifted and my finger board inlays are diamond & squares- long pattern, the bridge style is a vintage belly drop in long saddle and has the small butter bean tuners, the bridge and tail piece have the tortoise dot rather than just the black inlay,the pickguard is also the tortoise beveled and polished with a vintage style Geib case. All in all both are great guitars mine is just modeled a little more like the 1930's style. Hope you are wearing yours out like I am mine!!! Take care Brad

Sounds like a great guitar Brad!

Unfortunately I've been playing my mandolin a lot more than I have the HD28 but it still gets worked out. I play both in the band so I have to keep up on my guitar parts too. Keeps me out of trouble!

I recently picked up a Gibson F9 and have been havin' a blast breakin' that mando in. That's been great fun!

Right on! I bought a Martin D16 at Wildwood. It is a great place with lots of Martins hanging around their walls. The owners are real nice folk too.

Break a pick!

Kirk

D16's are awesome. I was looking at them and wound up with the HD28. It was used, 1 year old, but essentially was brand new. The guy who traded it in bought it new, played it once or twice, then just didn't like it and it just sat. There wasn't a scratch on it! I got it at a good price 'cause it was 'used'..........

I've been to Coshocton a few times but never had a chance to get to Wildwood. I've seen their web site and talked to the owner a couple times, they seem like very good people.

Martin guitars and Gibson mandolins, pretty good combo!