Return to Website

Buckeye Bluegrass & Michigan Bluegrass Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message. This forum is for the promotion of Bluegrass Music in the states of Ohio and Michigan. If you have a question about a festival or a group, are looking for a special guitar, or just want to chat about the great show or jam you went to last night, here is the place. Let's all keep it clean and play nice, y'all here? For Michigan Bluegrass visitors... you'll have to use your back browser button to get back to the Michigan Bluegrass site! I'm sorry! Until we have seperate forums, we'll have to deal with this. We felt that one forum would be best and a little cheaper on our pocketbooks, since is all by donation and little bit of advertising! Hope you all understand!

Buckeye Bluegrass & Michigan Bluegrass Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Buckeye Bluegrass anniversary show

Hey all, I am sure you all know Sheri is wanting to possibly put together a anniversary show. I think every band that is on this web site should look at their calendar and see what date we can come up with and also a place to have it at. There is some really good places in Central Ohio that would probably let Buckeye Bluegrass have it, we just need to all come together and make this one heck of a show. Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated. Let's look at later in the year so that we can get enough time to advertise. But let's do it before the snow falls if at all possible.

Re: Buckeye Bluegrass anniversary show

Count Timber Wolves in Lee, just let us know where and when!

Peralean and I will be three too!

Kirk

Sounds like something Big Red and the Wagoneers may be interested in.

You have room for us?

Oh there is room for everyone!

I want to thank Lee for spearheading the drive for this! We've had a few emails from folks wanting to help too. I think this sounds like so much fun... I will be putting up a page on the site all about it, with information as it comes in.

Sounds like we have the music planned... or at least plenty of folks willing to do a set and help out. Right now the biggest problem is finding a location. We need enough room at a cheap enough price... used to doing music. Any ideas?? Middle-ish to the state? I know that there is a big show going on Nov. 6th and out of respect, I don't want to do it that Saturday. So, Nov. 13 and 20 are available. 20 is getting close to Thanksgiving, however we could also look at Oct30, but that is really close to Halloween!

Any ideas???

Sherri

With the right amount of advertising I wonder what sort of turn out we could all expect. Should there be a building that can hold around 300? More? We used our local union hall in Mansfield a couple of years ago and it seated around 325. There was standing room only that evening with just three local bands. We advertised big time for it, so we need to really get our heads together and figure out what to charge and all the details then go to work pumping it up.
Lee

Pump it up!!

What about the Rose Theatre in Medina? I'm not sure how many people it holds, but it may be worth checkin' out!

Once everyone get's the date figured out, we'll check out our schedule and see if we can do it. It's hard to say if we're in right now or not, but if we dont have a booking, we'll definitely consider it. I'll have to talk to the other guys about it. I'm heading to rehearsal after work, and I'll let em know. Take care, everyone.

Sherri, what have ya got so far as possible dates? How many bands are interested? Have ya e-mailed all the bands? Any certain place in mind?

Lee

Well....we are going to be putting up a page on the website, and seeing what people think. The biggest problem seems to be finding a location. Several bands have come forward to offer to play, but there are date conflicts and then of course, finding a venue!

So to answer your question... ah, no. No set date, no place yet. We're working on it!

Sherri

Sherrie, I have played at Lee's union hall a few times. It's nice, clean,and can hold a lot of people. It's Mid Ohio, not central, but easy to get to.. There's plenty of parking, easy access in and out..Might want to take a look at that.. Thats my thought on locations>>>> Mike <<<<

What is happening with this event?

Kirk

Lee, Im still thinkin yer Union Hall. It's a good location, easy to get to, holds a bunch of people, nice sound inside,easy access to the interstate's, sorta central Ohio.. At's my vote>>> Mike<<<