Return to Website

Buckeye Bluegrass & Michigan Bluegrass Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message. This forum is for the promotion of Bluegrass Music in the states of Ohio and Michigan. If you have a question about a festival or a group, are looking for a special guitar, or just want to chat about the great show or jam you went to last night, here is the place. Let's all keep it clean and play nice, y'all here? For Michigan Bluegrass visitors... you'll have to use your back browser button to get back to the Michigan Bluegrass site! I'm sorry! Until we have seperate forums, we'll have to deal with this. We felt that one forum would be best and a little cheaper on our pocketbooks, since is all by donation and little bit of advertising! Hope you all understand!

Buckeye Bluegrass & Michigan Bluegrass Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need BG musicians in Detroit area

GRRRR! What is it with dobro players (sort of like drummers in rock bands). This one quit after three off-and-on weeks because he couldn't commit.

Thus, I am in need of BG musicians again to get this project moving. Looking for guitar OR bass, as well as banjo, fiddle and/or dobro. GIve me a holler. Thanks.

Double GRRRR! So now the mandolin player is transferring jobs, and I'm on my own. So I call out to any BG musicians in the Detroit area (guitar, bass, banjo, mandolin, dobro, fiddle), male or female, vocals a plus. Looking for committment and dedication (not a side project).

Hey Matt:

Move to Ohio. I will pick with ya!

God Bless

Kirk A Ritchie

Well, for anyone interested, some of my demos are now up on Soundclick. Listen, ponder, audition ...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/theredbutlers.htm

Matt

OK, so it looks as though I need to update this story. Woo Hoo! Things are going great. For the past few weeks, we've been doing great, now that webmistress Sherri is handling the 5-string chores. We've also (hopefully) secured the talents of a doghouse bassist and another flatpicker currently serving in the Coast Guard.

So I guess what we could use now is a mandolin, fiddle, and/or dobro. Vocals a big plus. Practice every Wednesday in Hamtramck (not TOO hard to find, right Sherri?). Originals, covers both old standards and some modern Americana artists. COntact me if interested (or if you know of anyone who is).

Yes, we are looking for a few more folks! It's not hard to find Hamtramak, and we've had a couple good practices! I'm working hard to get the banjo stuff down... it's all new ground for me! But it's a great challenge for me and who knows where we'll end up!
Sherri