Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Somtimes I wonder.....

There was a post on another Forum asking if anyone knew anything about Dr Hornsby and the Pennsylvania Men’s Medical Clinic , the subject of a paid advertisement in a Philadelphia which was set like a news item written by a ‘Medical Correspondent’.

The man posting the item pointed out that the Cover Story on Dr Hornsby in a magazine entitled Physician Times Today was not a genuine article being one of the many magazine covers listed by MegaBucks Marketing You, me, anyone could have a 'cover story' on this magazine.

Given this information I wouldn’t have even bothered to read anything on the site and certainly would have considered anything there as likely to be as misleading as the magazine cover. Yet my view again seems to be a minority one.

Am I Robinson Crusoe on this? Do other people think it might be worth trying what Dr Hornsby is advertising – and it’s not too clear just what he is advertising?

Terry in Australia

Re: Somtimes I wonder.....

Aloha Terry,

I suspect, such as the case, that any news note, post, advertisement, public statement, commentary, etc...is trying to get our attention. Once that happens, other forces move in for the kill so to speak. I get a lot of spam which clearly states "Click here to be removed from this mailing list". Clicking here to remove your e-mail address will probably (by design) insert your address into 20 plus other lists, for a price. Of course you just might be removed from that list, when they get around to it.

I do react differently to different sources (Wallmart vs. HelpUsPlease).

Joe

Re: Somtimes I wonder.....

What's that old adage ... If it sounds too good to be true ...

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS