THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Our Next Match (Sunday 17th September)

The squad of 16 for our London F.A. Sunday Intermediate Cup match this coming Sunday away to Frenford is as follows:
A.Keeper (GK), Stuart Dorward, Paul Woolston, Alan Barnard (If he is not playing cricket !), Terry Moore, Colin Bester, Paul Ellerker, Clark Williams, Kris Spyrou, Nick Vertigans, Derek Dorward, Steve Cokell, Foysol Ahmed, Tony King, Danny Hagan (If he is not still injured) & Tem Adil.

If Gary Cokell is not working, he can then come into the squad to replace Alan Barnard or Danny Hagan if necessary.

We appear to have nobody else available whatsoever, as any players we sign up in the week before this match will not be eligible to play. It is a 7-day deadline for the London Cup.

Regarding the goalkeeping situation, we need all four of our registered goalkeepers (Darryl Johnson, Simon Jackson, Ozel Ozerman & John Rice) to let us know as soon as possible if they are available for this match or not. Manager Trevor Hughes will then make a decision as to which one to name in the squad.

Conor Mc,Govern, Tony Speller, Andrew Warmerdam & Peter Murphy will all be missing this match due to holidays and social/family commitments.

A route to the venue (in Barkingside) is on the Fixtures page.
If you want to meet at the Southbury Leisure Centre and drive there in Convoy, we will be LEAVING THERE AT 9.15.a.m. AT THE LATEST !
If you are not there by then and have not texted myself or Trevor to say you are running late, we will assume you are making your own way there and will leave without you.

Re: Squad For Our Next Match (Sunday 17th September)

Alan Barnard is not available due to social commitments.

Is Gary Cokell about this Sunday ?

i will do me best

Somebody has just e-mailed me from somebody else's e-mail address that I don't recognise (RCaroli or something ?) saying that they can't play this Sunday because of family commitments in Kent.

I haven't got a clue who it is as they didn't leave their name !

Jacko a definite no

Have just spoken to Ozel.
He is definitely coming on Sunday and is happy to go sub if Darryl can play at the last minute.
Oz says he has played as a left-back before, so that will be useful.

I still have no idea who that is who's dropped out, but if John Rice can come along, he will definitely be in the squad as well.
Colin told me that John can also play as an outfield player, and the way things are going we could end up with a squad of just 10 outfield players but three goalkeepers this Sunday !!!

I think I will have to text everybody just to double-check they are still available (or know they are in the squad) in order to eliminate who that is who has dropped out.
That excludes Stuart and Wooly, who are the only two definites at the moment !

Darryl is now definitely working this Sunday, and it was John Rice who left the un-named e-mail, so he's not available either.

Just sorting out who is meeting at the Southbury Leisure Centre at 9.15.a.m....

If necessary, I can pick up Terry & Kris at 9.00.a.m. at the bottom of Galliard Road/Bury Street junction (as I do for 7-a-side matches), so Colin can then pick up Tem & Oz.
Just give me a phone/send me a text.

Also meeting at the Southbury Leisure Centre are Trev (who is giving Paul Ellerker a lift) and Clark Williams.

Wooly, Del, Nick Vertigans, Steve Cokell and Danny Hagan are all going straight to the venue.

Tony King, Foysol and Gary Cokell haven't replied to my text message, so I have no idea what they are doing....or if they are even playing !
I forgot to ask Stuart if he is meeting at the Southbury or not.

Something I forgot to mention is that the Referee (a Sangsoo Byun) might not turn up !
The Frenford Secretary told me he doesn't speak a word of English and he couldn't understand where Fairlop/Barkingside is !

Also...Trev. Where is the teamsheet for tomorrow's match ?

Also...I have just sorted out the medical kit, etc. for tomorrow's match.

There is no sign of the Captain's Armband, three reels of black tape were left behind in the changing rooms at Enfield Playing Fields last week (we now have none left because Darryl has not been playing and bringing more along, so you will all have to play with your socks rolled down by your ankles tomorrow), and two water bottles were left on the touchline last week and not picked up after the match. (We now only have 6 water bottles left instead of the 12 we had at this stage last season because our players keep leaving them on the far touchline or in the goalnet after matches). The weather forecast for tomorrow morning is 80 degrees again.

You only have yourselves to blame I'm afraid !

Gary Cokell has just texted to say that he is working and can't play tomorrow, but we still have a squad of 15 as long as Foysol & Tony King turn up, Wooly's wife doesn't go into labour, and Danny Hagan doesn't get injured again playing for Crouch End Vampires this afternoon.

I've just spoken to Stuart and he's going straight there with Del. He did wear the captain's armband in the second half and thinks it is with the kit.
Tony King said last Sunday that he was meeting at the Southbury but I haven't spoken to him since.
I have found four reels of black tape in my bag, which I had picked up when people leave them on the floor, and I have put them in the valuables bag for use on Sunday.

I'm good for tomorrow and i'll be at the meeting poitnat southbury leisure centre.

Just in case i don't find the meeting poitnat, i'll see you at the meeting point.

Tony King has just texted me to confirm he is meeting at the Southbury L.S.
Still heard nothing from Foysol.

The Captain's armband definitely wasn't in either the clean or dirty kit bags, but it's not a disaster. I have some spares !

The lack of water bottles will be the biggest problem, and it will probably need one of the subs to go in and do a refill at Half-Time unless people bring their own.