Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The time I was in the Ay Tee Cee

Fortycoa5s ,

Good to hear fr I'm you again. I do admire the Canadian & American way of not giving in to old age. Francis & you are positive thinkers to travel all that distance without a worry about yourselves.

Could,nt imagine Joe or I going anywhere now on our own,always in a family group. Not to mention driving.!

Of course the roads over there are straight so be easier to negoiate,but still someone else driving us is The usual now.

We are old fogies in Ireland. Good luck to you both for your forward thinking.

Pat

Pat, While the major highways are mostly straight not so some of the back roads, I remember some years ago while on vacation I was driving from Los Angles to San Francisco on the coastal highway which really hugs the Pacific Ocean but has so many bends that while driving its impossible to enjoy the scenery.

One of those trips that arriving in San Francisco airport I gave a huge sigh of relief??. Mauri

Patricia,

Glad to hear you have that old Underwood, Remington, Imperial or whatever you are slaving on these days, working again.

Was wondering if you ever heard the song, " Step it out Mary " ? I am a fan of Celtic Thunder or perhaps Ex-Celtic Thunder members Byrne and Kelly, and Nicole Hudson on their recent Australian and US tour.

Ryan Kelly has a very adoptive voice and sings a variety of Irish songs on U-Tube as well as the American " Where the streets have no names " One of these is " Step it out Mary ". It's all about a young Irish beauty who lived in the town of Kilgory who was sought after by this rich guy who offered her, through her father, riches beyond compare and a grand mansion with servants, and all !

However the young lass says she is in love with a soldier and has promised him her hand. The father still insists she will marry this rich guy on Sunday.

However, she and her lover were found drowned, like dead, in a nearby river, before Sunday.

Being nosy, I have searched STREETS looking for Kilgory and have come up with one in Co. Clare, the only thing wrong is that it is a lake. Ever heard of this place Pat.