Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strange people

In reply to everyone, first of all Dabbler. Dabbler, the last I heard of Willie, the pigeon man, was that he was in a nursing home. I haven't heard anything since. I used to see him on the Pond Park Road walking into town. Last time I saw him he was sporting a white beard.

Low Roader, thanks for the compliment. I can honestly say that I never, ever use the spellcheck. How was your holiday, you old lurker?

Donald, you are partly right when you say about people being nosey as well as friendly. However, I think the inquisitiveness (no spell check LR) is not to be condemned. Better being interested in people than like the Londoners, who apparently would walk over you if you were lying dead on the street.

Mauri, I will have to check back on your query as my small brain can only remember a few things at a time. However, I blame the fact that my eldest son has just come in for lunch. I'll get back to you later.

SEAN THE LURKER LISBURNS COUNCIL MOTTO TOWN FOR EVERYONE HA HA LISBURN EXILES SITE SEEMS TO BE FOR FEW HA HA ALSO THE BIRDMAN HAS BEEN DEAD FOR 2YRS OR MORE THERE NO CALL FOR ANOTHER STATUE IN LISBURN THAT PEOPLE HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT FOR HIM

Sean, Lisburn Exiles site is for ANYONE. However, only a few people take the time to join in. Inferiority complex - that's what the problem is. No confidence could be added as well. Self consciousness and worry about others is in there too. Is Willie, the pigeon man really dead? Sorry to hear that if it's true. I imagine a nursing home wasn't for him.

Mauri, all I can say is "Oh dear" to your comments. I would think if all the world was like me there would be wars and rumours of wars. A part of me is fine but I tend to see things in black or white, very few grey areas. Thank you for the compliment anyhow.

Welcome Sean,

You lead the way for a few more new members, the "few" try to keep it going, just imagine if there were no Forum due to lack of posters.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. It wasn't too bad was it.?

Pat