Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
COLD CALLS

Anyone else tormented with these calls? Over the past while we have been receiving calls up to 10 times a day, sometimes more. We have tried everything to stop them, with no avail. Our first one came this morning at 8.40 am.

Re: COLD CALLS

ann I symphasise with you, but there is a way to stop this. phone your service provider and tell them you wish these cold calls to stop. it sometimes takes 2 or 3 days but they can and will stop them for you.eamon

Eamon, thanks for that. I'll ring this morning.

On a lighter note, one evening the phone rang while I was watching Emmerdale. I assumed it was one of these cold calls again I lifted the phone and swore. I told the caller to F off and put the phone down. A few minutes later it rang again. It was my brother on the line. O dear, could have been the bishop, mind you.!!!!!!!!!

Ann, By cold calls I assume you mean "Advertisers". Those type of calls are illegal in Ontario though that does not stop some of them especially the ones from India or Pakistan. They seem to have slowed down now, though I still get an occasional Indian voice offering one thing or another, like yourself I tell them where to go????. Mauri

Ann,

We get them too but I say now "Hello Hello, Hello as if I cannot hear them & put the phone down. Works.!

Pat

Pick up the phone, and lay it on the table. They can then waste company money talking to themselves.

Dabbler
Pick up the phone, and lay it on the table. They can then waste company money talking to themselves.

Dabbler
most of them have a flat rate so it does not cost them any more. Someone told me to leave a whistle near the phone and give them a blast and they never ring back.
donald

Donald and everyone. I rang BT operator service, gave them the complaint about nuisance calls, and they are putting us on a monitoring service for a year. The first year is free and then it costs something like a couple of pounds a month after that. If it works, it'll be well worth it.

Once again, thanks Eamon.

Hi Ann

Evelyn and I are tortured with these phone calls also , we have on our phone , caller on screen , but they can get through , as some calls are withheld . Most of our calls are shown , from our address book , and we can recognise who are calling . I would have loved to have seen your face ,after your outburst , and then finding out it was your brother . The only consolation is , you are not alone , with this problem .
Regards to Dominic,Yourself &Family
Tommy & Evelyn