Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Commonwealth Games

I usually support Gt Britain or even England in Sports, having lived here sixty years, but when my own little Northern Ireland has anything remotely resembling success, I weep for joy.
C'MON YOU BOYS AND GIRLS!

Re: Commonwealth Games

England doing well, and Boy,I just love that Scottish anthem.
Not much luck so far, for six counties, but the boxers usually pick up a gong or two,

Dabbler, YUK - sport again!!!! GO AWAY!!!!! Don't forget The Mill tonight 8 pm.

Ann
Her Scottish father managed to stop crying long enough to speak when his wee disabled? 13 year-old daughter finished third in her swim. She could just about walk at four. I hope to live to hear Flower Of Scotland played for her in Rio. God Bless her. I am proud to say I cried with her da.

Dabbler, I know. There are some poignant moments in these games. Doesn't take away from the wee disabled girl - good for her, but I still hate sport.

Did you watch The Mill?