Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm awa'

Tomorrow morning Colette and I are off to Spain for a few days. Haven't had time to think about it, but once I'm on the plane I'll know I'm on my way. Trying to keep the clothes way down as we're just having a quiet few days, nothing exciting.

I'll be cooking for Dominic today so he doesn't starve in my absence. My wee dogs know something is going on and they are following me everywhere. I think the suitcase is the giveaway.

I hope to have a nice, relaxing time. I hear the weather is hot, so roll on the sun.

Talk amongst yourselves while I'm away.

See ya.

Re: I'm awa'

Ann
hope you enjoy yourself and the weather keeps up. It´s starting to brighten up here in the Vaterland and anyone watching the Canonisation in Rome yesterday of Johannes XX111 and Johannes Paul 11 on TV could not help but notice all those Cardinals being shaded by Parasols. No doubt in Spain it will also be sunny
donald

Enjoy your break Ann, even a few days away is a pick me up.Aidan.

Ann, Have a nice trip, go easy on the wine. Mauri

We got back on Saturday after spending 4 nights on the Costa Del Sol. The weather was glorious, 30 degrees. We lay on the beach every single day from early morning until tea time. We did take a break for lunch and other necessities, however.

In the evening we showered, dressed and went out for dinner. Then we had a walk along the promenade, which was surprisingly busy for the time of year. After that, we walked back to the hotel and bed.

I loved every minute of it. In fact, I feel that 4 nights away suits me better than a week, so I'll consider that again.

Good to be home, though, and I must say Dominic had the house spotless for me. I think I'll go away soon again.!!!!!!!!