Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Building work in Lisburn

For many months now Lisburn has been a bit like a bomb site because of extensive building work going on. The place is a shambles and I can imagine the shopkeepers aren't too pleased. It's difficult enough getting in and out of shops, without running the gauntlet of pneumatic drills and large gusts of dust to say the least.

I was in Lisburn Museum the other day. My entry was via a maze of ropes. When I tried to leave by a different door, this was closed because of the builders working right outside. A slight irritation and confusion.

I have no doubt all this work will result in a massive facelift, with mention of water features and goodness knows what. It just seems to have gone on for so long, and is affecting different parts of the main town, not to mention traffic disruption.

Although I am complaining a bit, to tell the truth it doesn't inconvenience me all that much. However, I wouldn't like to be working in the midst of all the noise and pollution.

With so many shops closed, I do hope the improvements will encourage new business to the town. If so, the inconvenience now will be well worth it. I will let you know in due course.

Re: Building work in Lisburn

Ann

I know the feeling, but out of the shambles & dust a new building arises.......eventually.

Pat