Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jessie James

Jessie James was killed in 1882 when he was shot in the back by Robert Ford.

Would you turn your back on his namesake the current mayor of Toronto: mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Isn't democracy remarkable.

Re: Jessie James

Wonder was that the origin of the saying,

"Mind your back"

Pat

Hildenboy,

Living in Canada all we get is Rob Ford, Rob Ford,Rob Ford, thank heaven we don't live in Toronto. On U.S. television late night shows, he is a real butt of some wisecracking, the guy is nuts,why he won't stand down sure beats me. Rob Ford was requested by the Santa Clause parade chairman to stay away from the parade because of his image of doing drugs Etc., he refused, he said he would walk in front of the parade and hand candy canes to the kids, I'm not sure if this did happen. The Santa Clause parade was on Sunday 17th.

Beano

Beano

It gives a whole new meaning to enjoy a bit of craic...

Hildenboy & Beano, only after watching the news last night did I understand what you were talking about when you referred to Rob Ford.

All I can say is "what a complete idiot". He's a big, fat lump of a man and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. (that wouldn't be too far). He didn't come across at all well on TV and acted like a buffoon.

I hope he's thrown out. (for your sake Beano).

Hi Ann and Hildenboy,

Hear, Hear.... Rob Ford in council knocked a lady councilor down running to take a poke at somebody else, he should be charged with assault and locked out.

Beano

Beano,

There is a Rob Ford everywhere in Political life. Who votes them in, I would like to know.

Pat

I think he would make a good mate for Boris Johnston. What do you think ??????
Pam

Pamela,

You are so right. I remember just before the London Olympics a Canadian commentator asked him did he know what the Canadian Flag looked like, he just shrugged his shoulders and said how the hell should I know, I will know better after the games. What a plonker he is!!!!!!!.

Beano