Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Castle Gardens

Any chance of someone taking photos of renovations and posting them on the Lisburn website?

Re: Castle Gardens

Hi Robbie .
I have just taken some photos of Castle Gardens , yesterday Tuesday , and have been sent to Jim , and i am sure he will kindly enter them on the Exiles . Yesterday was a wee bit cloudy , but i am sure you will get the impression just what it going to be like when it is finished . The workmen are still hard at the renovations . And it should look well in the future, when the flowers are blooming in the summer months to come .
All the best .

Tommy

And the rebuilding of Hilden?
Donald

Donald, do you think Tom is a miracle worker? Give him a minute, for goodness sake.

Tom, wish I had known you were at the Castle Gardens yesterday. I was in town and could have met you. You could have taken my photo.

Wasn,t that called on the Lowroad " Gittin my likeness tuk? "
Donald

Donald, do you think Tom is a miracle worker? Give him a minute, for goodness sake.

Tom, wish I had known you were at the Castle Gardens yesterday. I was in town and could have met you. You could have taken my photo.
====================================================

With an expensive camera?
You must be joking.

Listen Low Roader, just because, in your own words, you now resemble Winston Churchill, I'll have you know that some of us have aged beautifully.

Hi Ann

I was in Lisburn with my wife , and she stayed in the car at carpark , facing the medical centre , and read the Daily Mail , until i came back , from my assignment . First i went to Castle Gardens , took some photos , weather was a wee bit cloudy . Met a lady who wanted to take my photo which she did , she was attending the Tec for computer class . People say when you want to make friends , get a dog , in this case it is a camera Ha Ha. Then i went over to the Tec after making arrangements and permission to take a few photos of the old section , i thought of all the past pupils on the Exiles , it might be interesting to them . Came back to the car , and my wife and i went Shopping . Greens wee cup of tea , favourite spot , then Antrim St , back to centre of Lisburn , Smyth Patterson , The museum , and back to car and home . Another lovely day in Lisburn .

Hi Katie .
Regarding Raymond Mc Leer , i have been informed that he died a few years ago. He is pictured No 3 from left on the second row of our school photograph. You were right , a lovely fellow , i was very friendly with Ray in our school days .
All the best

Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Sorry to hear about Ray McAleer, I always thought he was a nice lad, a gentle sort of a person, a bit shy like you, but very friendly.

Katie

Re: Re: Castle Gardens

Hi Thomas, re our missed assignation at the Castle Gardens, don't worry about your wife. I never let an oul wife or two get in the way. (for the "no-humours", this is a joke).

Anyway, I could get hubby to park next to you with the wee dogs and your wife and he could have a good yarn until we get back from down the "Ryans". No photos there though.

Thomas, the photos of the Castle Gardens were up to your usually great standard. However, what about the ramparts?

I believe that organised tours are now available but hubby prefers that we go around ourselves (after all, we ARE real Lisburnites). So, some day maybe next week, we'll have a mosey about. Tell all on the Exiles afterwards.

Thanks Thomas. If I see a man with a camera, I approach him, so watch out!!!!!!!!

Hi Ann , & Katie and All .
Many thanks for the kind comments Regarding Photos . I thoroughly enjoy taking them , and hope to give Exiles some enjoyment . Ann i loved the situation regarding you hubby and the dogs Ha Ha . we are like ships that pass in the night . I will be looking around Lisburn for a contented couple with two lovely wee dogs . Nothing like a good laugh and a bit of fun to keep the spirits up . How did you like Johnny Depps film , it was a wee bit hard to understand at times . I liked the ending . I suppose you dozed off .
All the best , and did you tell hubby Tight Lines .
Tommy P S Hope you have happy memories of your trips down the Ryans !

Tommy,
Just to keep you right, I was only down the Ryan's once, coming from school as a dare, I was scared stiff, flew down and up again. (Nothing bad in those days only an innocent prank always a good girl).

Here is good advice, you just stay with Ann's hubby and let Ann and your wife take a walk down the Ryan's.(only joking) as wee Norn Ireland doooo.

Katie

Katie

Hi Katie,

Ray McAleer was a real nice guy, and very respected as a police sergeant in the old RUC. Ray was in Christ Church CLB. with me until he joined the force. I met him quite a few years later when he was umpiring a cricket match I was playing in,we had a great chin wag later at the ICI club. I think he was only 56 when he died, way too young.

Thank you Katie for your welcome "back"

Beano

Tom, I'll be looking round Lisburn for a hunk with a camera. A hunka hunka burning love. (Elvis). How do you know we look like a contented couple? I thought I might look like a glamour puss, but then again, that's going back a few years. Tut, tut!!

Next time I'm in Green's searching out for their special coleslaw or celery salad or gorgeous cheese (of course only the most fattening one) I'll have a wee juke for a man with a camera.

See you in the Coffee Dock.

Hi Tom. Re the Johnny Depp film The Ninth Gate, I had actually seen it before. I DID watch half of it but then began to doze off so went to bed.

It was a brilliant film.