Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Family birthdays

Hi all,
Just to say I will b away for the next week to the Burren in Co. Clare as one of my daughters has a significant birthday in October, so we are pushing the boat out for a week. Fancy dress on Hallow'een night (Ann says I may go as a witch with my missing tooth). Hope we can stand the pace. Someof the family arrived this w/end, dinner last evening atthe daughter's & as Ann said once u go out here it is early morning before u get to bed. Getting a bit long in the tooth for this carry-on but surviving so far. I had them for dinner to-day & they left around 10.00pm., Joe went to bed & I am just going to fall in now after packing & tidying up, the dishwasher is going as I type & the clothes basket is full to hang out in the morning. Will b glad to get a rest, afew walks with the dog & enjoy the family gathering. BBYYee for now, will rejoin the band of brothers & sisters next w/end - if I last the week.
Pat

Re: Family birthdays

Hi, Pat and the whole tribe are away to stay in a castle for 5 days.

It's Called Smithstown Castle and you can see it on the internet. Self-catering, it can be hired out all year round. Hubby liked the idea as did my daughter in England. Will hear what Pat has to say.

They're dressing up on Hallowe'en Night (the eejits) as if staying in a castle won't be spooky enough

I think they really got the idea from me having the Royal connections.

Anyway, I'm sure they'll have a great time. Imagine living in your very "own" castle for 5 days.