Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
workmen

Hi all, we'll We've had workmen here all day today. Nice looking I must say.(the workmen) We've changed our heating from gravity feed solid fuel which we've had for 18 years, to Phoenix Gas.

Well, what a to-do. The men arrived at 8.15 am. by which time I'd had a shower and washed my hair. Hubby had no time to do this so he had to go around all day without being showered or shaved. The men were great workers I made them tea, toast, sausages and bacon at 10 o'clock. Then, at lunch-time I made them broth and rolls. They said if they were ever in Lisburn again, could they come here?

Anyway, they worked really hard and got everything done by 5 pm. BUT, tomorrow there's more workmen coming to fix fittings in the hot press. Also, we have different workmen comng to fit new kitchen cupboards.

It's all go.

Tak to you all tomorrow. Bye

Re: workmen

Lucky you,Gas Heating and a New Kitchen and to crown it out all workmen in your home, they will be telling all the other men about your cooking, I bet you will have a few extra workers in your house tomorrow,maybe the blond 6'1 Aussie will even call for breakie.

If the oil gets much dearer, we'll be using skipping ropes in this house.

Katie

Re: workmen

Katie and all. Only drawback yesterday, with the men here, was that I didn't get to the market. I wonder did Gordon go. Maybe he'll have a chance to use the net and let us know how his visit is going.