Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Return of the Exile

To all you wonderful Lisburn people, who take the time to liven up our days. I hope to see all or some of you in the now world famous Lisburn Market. (Thanks to the forum)

Perhaps even some from Barracks Street. On Tuesday, September 11, or 18.

I would also like to know of a great eatery in or around Lisburn.

Jim, thanks for this forum. I just found a long lost cousin.

Raymond

Re: Return of the Exile

Raymond, you may know my cousins who came from Church Street - the McKeowns.

There are plenty of eateries in Lisburn town if you want something to eat during the day. We even have a lovely wee Italian restaurant where Fuscos used to be - you know, near where the old Picture House was. You'll be spoilt for choice, and if you go up to where the new omniplex is, you'll find loads of restaurants there too.

Maybe someone else could advise you of other places.
The Ballymac Restaurant, just outside Lisburn, on the airport road, is another great eatery. You get a really good big home-made type meal, good variety on the menu and it isn't expensive.

Hope you have a good holiday when you're here.

Hi Raymond,

Have a wonderful trip, I know you will enjoy it.

As I said before to others, try "The Country Kitchen" in Sloan St.for a good "Ulster Fry" or even just Rhubarb Tart and Fresh Cream, it is hard to beat.

Have a safe journey.

Beano

Yes, Raymond, I forgot about "The Country Kitchen", but that's because I'm never over the Co Down direction.

However, I do buy their bread, cakes, sausage rolls, etc. which are on sale in the local shops. They're gorgeous.

Thanks Beano. Glad you're back with us again.

Hi Beano,
Glad to see you back, hope you are well and nice to think of us all.

Katie

Hi Raymond,

Hope you enjoy your visit, load of places to eat in Libsurn and even go to Hillsborough for some fine food. I am heading off myself this month to Tipperary. So I hope you have a great time.

Katie