Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rachel says "Cheerio" (for now)

Rachel was to go home yesterday. She talked all day about her "last" dinner here for a wee while.

Early in the afternoon her dad cycled round and invited us all to a BBQ at their house. I could have cheered, although I still had to make my two middle-aged 'children' a beef curry and rice. (They don't like BBQs).

Round we went, supplying only a couple of bottles of "bubbly". Rachel enjoyed it all as did we. However, when it came to going home, Rachel informed everyone that she still hadn't got her "last dinner" at our house. SO, back she came for another night. She has finished her dinner right now - mashed potatoes, carrots, fresh beans and peas and frying steak with gravy. (I allowed her gravy just this one last night). She'll shortly be going to a meeting of the Down's Association in Belfast, in connection with her holiday in Spain, due to begin in 2 weeks' time. So, her mother will be calling shortly, she has her bags packed and she said to tell everyone "Cheerio".

I'll probably see her tomorrow but as far as she's concerned she's had a good wee holiday here. We've enjoyed having her and will miss all the wee funny things she says, sometimes with strong language.

Cheerio from Rachel, especially to Maggi, Katie, and Pat. (her new best friends).

Re: Rachel says "Cheerio" (for now)

"GOOD BYE FOR NOW RACHEL"

Katie

Re: Rachel says "Cheerio" (for now)

Ah, Rachel bye, hope you are back soon. I will keep a look out in Tesco for you. I hope you enjoy Spain lucky girl. x