Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Words of Wisdom

Hi all
Got a mail today from a friend containing sayings from Peter Kay. I never heard of him but like this one.
Donald

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I
realised that The Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him
to forgive me.

Re: Words of Wisdom

Hi Donald, that's what's called using your initiative. I must have thought like that when I stole the red book in school.

Donald, again am writing this with difficulty, cannot even check it. My screen is flashing away like a good 'un. Just to lget you know that there is a beer festival in hilden Brewery (Gordon's old house) this Sunday.

Donald, I've been reading those. Liked these:
If it's true that we are here to help others, what are the others doing here?

Do married people live longer than single ones or does it only seem longer?

Donald, I forgot to say that "God helps those who help themselves". I thought of that when I stole the wee red book in school. (not).