Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exam results

Hello all,
Great excitment here today, early morning rush for results. My granddaughter was apprehensive as she changed schools but I got a call after 9 to say she had passed with enough to get her into Limerick University, so a good day was had by all. The students r away to the Chinese for the Early Bird meal now smiling & chattering about courses etc. This is a day to remember for them. Tonight they will all b in town for celebrations until tomorrow when they will have breakfast then home to bed, perchance to sleep till the afternoon. Is'nt it great to b young with the opportunities they have today. I am very happy for them all. Another saying " Results don't come by chance but by hard work" Pat

Re: Exam results

Pat, give your granddaughter our very best wishes. It's great to be young, right enough. We hadn't the same opportunities, had we? But it's good that things have come on. Tell her to have a good night.

Hi Pat,
Pass on congratulations to your grandaughter for passing her exams.

Katie

Re: Re: Exam results

Ann& Katie,
Grand daughter says thanks for the good wishes. They (the graduates) r off today to Spain for a week, they had it booked ages ago.

When we all passed the 11 plus & were leaving school for the Tech. etc our big thrill was getting our school uniforms from Menary's r Chittick's. We thought we were the "Greatest" in r navy gym slips white blouses tie & the famous blazer. Times change.

Would b interested to know what happens in the exiles other countries?

Congrats to Ann's grandson on his excellent results too.
Pat

Ann,.

Did'nt know your grandson had exams as well, so big congratulations to him also.

katie

Katie, didn't want to "blow", but he got 3 As in his A levels (English, Maths and IT studies). He's been accepted for Queen's with £1,000 grant because of his results. Colette is still on holiday but is delighted.

Ann,

I am delighted for him, great achievement, my daughter in-law's young sister got 3 A's also, your grandson probably goes to school with her, the grant is a great help too. Your daughter and hubby must be delighted.

Tell Rachel I said hello,does she like Elvis he is on at the moment 30years dead, just seem like yesterday.

Has'nt the years flown.

Katie

Hi Katie, great that the youngsters have all got good results.

Rachel isn't an Elvis fan and while I was watching the Elvis programme, she was watching Grease in our bedroom. She has all her videos with her and would you believe I have been able to buy her a different TV magazine every single day. God help Colette when she comes back - Rachel will be expecting this all the time.

She has lost 3 lbs in weight but goes to her other granny's today just until Sunday. I've warned her not to be eating fattening food and she understands no Chinese meals, no chocolate, no crisps except Weightwatchers, no sausage rolls, etc. We'll see what happens. I suppose I shouldn't put restrictions on her but it is for her own good. As hubby says, it's not that she doesn't get plenty to eat, it's just that it's all healthy food.

I'm terrible, I allow her one plain biscuit at bedtime. The NSPCC will be calling on me!!!!