Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Let's Dance

Morn Dabbler,

Wrong sister, Liz was also a McCaugherty,married to Robinson, but Mick was married to her sister, I cannot remember her name.

There is such a big family of McCaughertys, cousins, and next and next generations.

Katie

Bobby Robinson, a fairly rotund chap, who lived over the county down somewhere, and could, in my opinion, sing better than Pat McCaugherty, told me that his sister lived in the entry down Bullick's Court, and was married to Michael Moran. I never saw Liz outside of the entry, and never saw Michael away from the front door of the wee hall. I never saw Bobby outside a pub.

Re: Re: Let's Dance

Donald, The late John Turley was at the Tech same time as me (1955/56). We were in the same RE class together. I thought you were younger than me. Maybe it's a different John Turley. This John Turley married a girl called Kathleen Kerr, who sadly also died some years ago.

Ann
Sorry, I meant Jim Turley , if still alive he would be 63 now. The name Kathleen Kerr rings a bell. Eveline and Maura McConnell, Rosaline Woods from the Longstone I remember. I was madly and undyingly in love with Eveline but she never even glanced at me. Oh to be that age again !
Donald

Just jumping in for a minute to say that Michael Moran's wife was Bell(e), not Liz.

Weather smashing!
On a day like today,
We'd pass the time away...

I WISH!

Posted earlier. Lovely day now which doesn't suit me as I'm in the process of clearing out my wardrobe, make-up, washing make-up brushes, etc. Everyone gone fishing, even the dogs and except for one son I have the place to myself. Do you notice I can never REALLY get the house without someone in it?

Just had a light lunch with a glass of milk, then back to the drawing board before the sun tempts me out and before I get fed-up clearing out.

Better go, loads to do.

Hi Dabbler,

Just to let you know Liz Robinson is very ill at the moment.

Katie

Katie
Looking at this while listening to Arsenal on radio. Am not sure if I knew the Liz Robinson to whom you refer, but if she was Bobby's wife...?
Whoever she is, I wish her a speedy recovery.

Hi Dabbler,

Liz would have been a McCaugherty, Bel Moran's sister.

Katie

Katie, while you're chatting to Dabbler, Sweetie escaped the house. How do I know?

Saw him a few minutes ago. I was with my daughter and Rachel in her car and I spied Sweetie going into a wee local shop. Just to embarrass him, we opened the window and shouted twice, loudly, "Sweetie". Mind you, he responded with a smile.

Ann,

Have already been told off, for giving him that name.

Katie

Thanks 'girls'. Arsenal won. Now off with wife to babysit.

1 2