Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GET THE MOST OUT OF THE YANA SITE

One of the difficulties in setting up a website is that you are never certain how anyone gets onto the specific pages of the site and how they then find their way around the site.

I have recently been updating some of the pages on the YANA – You Are Not Alone Now website – a continuous job like painting the Golden Gate Bridge. This time I have a team of men who volunteered to help me. I was astonished to hear from some of them that they had no idea that there was so much information on the site, despite the fact that they had been ‘users’ for years.

It also seems clear to me that many people who post on this Forum, which is part of the overall site do not realise that much of the information they are seeking can be found on the website. Presumably many of the people who visit the Forum but don’t post are also unaware of what is on the site.

I don’t want to discourage anyone from posting their questions and queries here, but they may feel happier in doing more reading as well. The simplest way to link to the website is simply to click on the Return to Website link at the top of this page or Return to Homepage Links at the bottom of the page.

The main site is in two parts. For newly diagnosed people we suggest that they follow the path that goes to these pages. It really helps to do this because they gain a greater understanding of all the issues they have to deal with.

DON’T PANIC

SOME GOOD NEWS

DIAGNOSIS

SURVIVING

TREATMENT CHOICES

RESOURCES

The second part of the site is unique in the prostate cancer world. It contains the detailed experiences of over 1,100 men, told in their own words. Most of the stories are updated on a regular basis and the data base can be searched. This means men can match up their diagnosis with other men who had the same diagnosis and correspond directly with them. Whilst no decision should be based solely on what another person did, because there are so many variables, it can help to gain an understanding of all the options.

The relevant page is SURVIVORS STORIES

There are Site Search Engines on a number of pages which help you find specific information.

All the best

Terry in Australia

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS