Return to Website

Buckeye Bluegrass & Michigan Bluegrass Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message. This forum is for the promotion of Bluegrass Music in the states of Ohio and Michigan. If you have a question about a festival or a group, are looking for a special guitar, or just want to chat about the great show or jam you went to last night, here is the place. Let's all keep it clean and play nice, y'all here? For Michigan Bluegrass visitors... you'll have to use your back browser button to get back to the Michigan Bluegrass site! I'm sorry! Until we have seperate forums, we'll have to deal with this. We felt that one forum would be best and a little cheaper on our pocketbooks, since is all by donation and little bit of advertising! Hope you all understand!

Buckeye Bluegrass & Michigan Bluegrass Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
d
Dave
Great Article By Tim Stafford
Hey check out this article by Guitar great Tim Stafford. Many helpful tips about playing bluegrass rhythm, stage presence, etc. http://www.flatpick.com/Pages/FAQ/question.php?question=Rhythm
Views: 218   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 15, 2004 8:49pm
by Phillip
Kentucky Gamblers to Play Paramount Arts Center ,Ahland KY
The Kentucky Gamblers are going to appear on the main stage at The Paramount Arts Center with Karla Higgins at The "Sonya Crites and friends show with Marty Raybon and Billie Dean". Show is on Friday Oct 15 2004 and Doors open at 6:30 p.m. show starts at 7:00 p.m. Ti...
Views: 186   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 14, 2004 3:55am
by Curtis Bailey
Looking For Guitar Player
Hi all, we are looking for a guitar player with some lead vocals in the Shelby / Mansfield area. We are just jamming for now and maybe putting together a band down the road. So far we have bass, mandolin and banjo with lead, baritone and tenor vocals. Hope to see y'a...
Views: 307   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 13, 2004 4:32pm
by Brad
t
TJ
Need Fiddle, Dobro, and Banjo players for Southeast MI Bluegrass Band
Hey Guys, Since posting the add we have goten together a bass player and mandolin player. We are still looking for a fiddle, dobro, & banjo player.
Views: 176   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 13, 2004 1:04pm
by TJ
Kentucky Gamblers new CD almost here !
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone ! We are almost finished on our new CD project. This is our third try to get this one done. We have been working hard to complete this project. Our engineer is Dan Ward at Hit-Maker Records in Wheelersburg , Ohio. We hope to have thi...
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 13, 2004 1:00am
by Curtis Bailey
Hi from the Just Bluegrass Band
Hey all, I thought I would take a minute to drop a line. Our band had a great summer with the highlight being Poppy Mountains Main Stage. There are probably some rumors floating around about the the status of our band. If you are curious e-mail me. Are we done? NO.
Views: 223   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2004 6:07pm
by Lee Surgener/Jus...
Red Lantern Bluegrass Show November 6, 2004
Coney Carver and Heartfelt Bluegrass Band will be performing at the Red Lantern Barn located in Brewster, OH. This is a Show you won't wanna miss! Cost will be $12.00 per person, and children under 12 are FREE! If you need driving instructions to the barn let us know...
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2004 1:19pm
by RedLanternBarn
We're Back from the IBMA!!!!
Wow, what a great time! Be sure to check out all the great pictures I took on the trip.... We only went down for 2 days, but they were filled with great picking, showcase bands and the exhibit hall filled wall to wall with bluegrass! Oh my, the banjos there were e...
Views: 198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 9, 2004 9:40pm
by Sherri Chekal
m
Marie
In Toledo area
Hi everyone...I've been living in Toledo area my whole life, but was never interested in bluegrass music until I found the mandolin. I've been playing for about a year now and just returned from the mandolin symposium and would like to play with some people. I'm stil...
Views: 232   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 8, 2004 2:43pm
by Chris
IBMA Winners
15th ANNUAL IBMA AWARD WINNERS October 7, 2004 in Louisville, KY Entertainer of the Year: The Del McCoury Band Album of the Year: "It's Just The Night"/The Del McCoury Band Male Vocalist of the Year: Larry Sparks Female Vocalist of the Year: Rhonda Vinc...
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 8, 2004 12:43pm
by Matt Merta
WDET's Arkansas Traveler RIP
Sad, the BG radio program "Arkansas Traveler" that was on WDET (101.9 FM) in Detroit on Saturdays from 3-6pm has been canceled, along with "Folks Like Us" and the suspension of syndicated radio programs like "Car Talk" and "Thisle and Shamrock." Seems that the NPR st...
Views: 254   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 8, 2004 10:22am
by Matt Merta
t
TJ
Need Bluegrass Musicians in Southeastern Michigan
Hi, I need musicians to start a Bluegrass band. I play rythem guitar and can sing and I also have a 5 string banjo player that can sing. I am looking for a bass player, mandolin player, another lead/rythem player, dobro player, and fiddle player. I have alot of conta...
Views: 226   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 7, 2004 12:39pm
by Eric Norling
Ohio Bands on the ICU
Just wanted to let people know that Ohio bands are still going strong on the Independant Country Universe! For this month, Copus Hill's 'BlackJack County Chain' is #4, and Timber Wolves' 'Calico Lady' is #10! These songs are being heard all over the world! Go...
Views: 213   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 5, 2004 7:54pm
by mike mukavetz
r
Rich
Bass player sez 'Howdy'
Howdy, y'all. Just discovered your forum and thought I'd introduce myself. I live in Ann Arbor, and am currently playing in a band called "Hoodang" (check out our website). We play original music as well as some old time country standards (Hank, Buck, George, Lefty...
Views: 282   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 4, 2004 1:08pm
by TJ
B.O.B. Artist Of The Year
Now for the Bluegrass Artist of The Year Nominees: We planned on having only five, but the voting was so close, that there were only 3 votes difference (out of a total 10,423 votes) between #5 and #6. In alphabetical order: The Chris Talley Trio Faces Made For R...
Views: 194   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 3, 2004 1:33pm
by Mark Bee
Ottawa
Anyone going to the Ottawa, ohio bluegrass campout this weekend...Oct. 1, 2, and 3...I'm trying to get there for Friday and maybe a little while on Sat. My son has a football game saturday evening so I'm trying to squeeze in a bit of pickin.... Danny
Views: 219   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 1, 2004 1:34pm
by Danny B
Fiddler, banjo and Bluegrass Entertainment Needed
I am in charge of a community festival in Metamora Michigan. I am searching for stage entertainment. Fiddler, banjo player and a Bluegrass band. Please email any recommendations of entertainers in my area. . . . . .Thanks Does anyone know how or where I can find S...
Views: 305   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 29, 2004 6:23pm
by Wendy Norton
BG Act of the year
I am too lazy to retype what Jennifer typed. Please visit this link and then vote there or here. A couple OHIO bands nominated already by our listeners. GREAT JOB! You have to either copy and paste the address, or just click on my website icon on this post! ht...
Views: 348   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 26, 2004 8:33am
by Mark Bee
Need BG musicians in Detroit area
PLEEEZE! I have been looking for too long now. Looking for guitar (flatpicker) or bass, banjo, fiddle and/or dobro. Currently have mandolin and bass/guitar. Vocals a big plus, but not necessary. Male or female. Traditional sounding with Americana leanings (Del McCour...
Views: 376   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 22, 2004 11:17am
by Sherri Chekal
The Right to Screen E-Mails
Just a note to remind our loyal forum members that this forum was designed for the encouragement and discussion of Bluegrass music. This is not a forum for people to engage in personal attacks, name calling, and negative comments. We reserve the right to delete any...
Views: 204   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 22, 2004 11:07am
by Dave Russell
Banjo Plyer Looking For Band
Looking to get into a real good band. I was rated one of the best in the world when i was 15. Laid it down for a few years while doing lead guitar and lead vocals work in a country and rock band. I'm 34 now and got the itch again. Really miss doing the bluegrass fest...
Views: 215   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 21, 2004 12:50am
by M.E. West
Fiddle player looking for a bluegrass group to jam with (just for fun).
I live in Huntington Woods, MI (near Royal Oak if that is any help). I played classical violin for many years but recently have been taking fiddling lessons and I'd love to find a bluegrass/or related music group to jam with just for fun. I'd really appreciate if a...
Views: 260   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 17, 2004 3:10pm
by jeffrey banjo
Just felt like dropping a line to everyone
Hey everyone. Hope all is going well for all of you. We're slowly winding down the festival season. We really wasnt that busy this year, it was just comfortably busy. We have the new CD coming out soon, and we cant wait. It's been a labor of love for a long time. The...
Views: 219   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2004 10:36am
by Chris Martin
Win Tickets for music fest in Cincy
OK - Midpoint Music festival - 300 acts in all genres from around the world in three days http://www.mpmf.com Two event passes can be YOURS!!! Just drop an email or respond here. We will draw a winner this week! Event is Thursday, September 23 Friday, September 24...
Views: 167   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2004 8:05pm
by Mark Bee
PRAYER REQUESTS HERE
Hello everyone, I am a licensed Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have noticed, from time to time, there are persons making prayer requests on the Buckeye Bluegrass site. I am now available to address any prayer request you may have. So, please post your re...
Views: 331   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 10, 2004 1:12am
by Kirk Ritchie
Festival
Hey all don't forget Andy Hamilton's Festival this weekend September 10th and 11th at the Crawford County Coonhunters Club. Some of the acts are Andy Hamilton and the East Kentucky Grass, Tony Hickman and Harbourtown, Randy Thomas and Dakota and The Blanton Family. T...
Views: 198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2004 4:13pm
by PorkChop
Buckeye Bluegrass anniversary show
Hey all, I am sure you all know Sheri is wanting to possibly put together a anniversary show. I think every band that is on this web site should look at their calendar and see what date we can come up with and also a place to have it at. There is some rea...
Views: 417   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 29, 2004 5:01pm
by Mike Ball
Faces Made For Radio at Pumpkin Hollow!!
Just wanted to invite everyone to Pumpkin Hollow, in Bellville, on Friday night to see us live and in concert. Tickets are 8 dollars and the show starts at 7:30 pm. See you there!!!!!!
Views: 177   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 26, 2004 2:45pm
by garyfossaceca
r
Robin
Jordon Run
Just wanted to let everyone know tha JORDON RUN will be playing @ rockin Ridge Campground 9/05 1-5. Show is free to campers & 5.00 for non..Coolers are welcome NO BOTTLES PERMITTED... Camping is 20.00 per night. you can call 937-599-9991 for more info.
Views: 189   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 23, 2004 10:12am
by Robin
j
Jenise
That Twang Thang! Port Huron MI
Supercharged 9:00-9:45 Cash O'Riley & The FownTight Daddies 10:00-10:45 Flatfoot 11:00-11:45 Lords Of The Highway 12:00-12:45 The Roche Bar 405 Quay Street Port Huron MI 48060 21+ %3 cover
Views: 165   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 21, 2004 9:25pm
by Jenise
j
Jenise
That Twang Thang! Music Fest
Band line-up: Inside stage: Cash O'Riley & The DownRight Daddies 8:30-9:15pm Jack Earls & Smokey Cook's Outlaw Country Show 9:30-10:15 The Winonas 10:30- 11:15 The Capgun Cowboys 11:30-12:15 The Phantom Cruisers 12:30-1:15 Outside Stage: Yeehaw! 9:00-9:45 S...
Views: 200   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 20, 2004 1:54pm
by Jenise
Good Bluegrass Music Site
Howdy Folks: Not sure if ya'll heard of this bluegrass music site, but check it out... www.bluegrassbox.com Let me know what ya'll think? Kirk A Ritchie
Views: 182   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 20, 2004 8:40am
by Kirk A Ritchie
Charlie Waller RIP
I just received a note from another e-group that the great voice of The Country Gentlemen has passed away. Now he performs with the Angel Band.
Views: 213   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 19, 2004 5:05pm
by Mike Ball
Prayer Request for Mike Mukavetz's Daughter-in-law
Mike: I was mediating in prayer and looking through my bible. This is what occured to me, a message-Mk 2:7, which is,On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need doctors, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."...
Views: 195   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 15, 2004 11:10pm
by Kirk A Ritchie
Generations...Jesse McReynolds & The Virginia Boys and JP & The Chatfield Boys
We Live and in concert September 4, 8PM THE ROSE in Medina $15 www.therosetheater.com. We must be doing something right...we were awarded SPOTLIGHT AWARD for family programing by OHIO COUNTRY & WESTERN MUSIC ASSOCIATION
Views: 168   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2004 12:42pm
by Richard Boothroy...
Ohio Bands # 1 and # 2 on Soundclick
Good news folks! On www.sounclick.com Copus Hill is at # 1 on the Bluegrass Chart and Kirk A Ritchie is at # 2. Also you will find Timber Wolves, Big Red and the Wagoneers and Kentucky Gamblers. Ohio Bluegrass is on the move! Get out and support all our b...
Views: 261   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 12, 2004 10:17pm
by Kirk A Ritchie
r
Robin
Looking for bluegrass bands
Hi everyone. Rockin Ridge is a campground located near Bellefontaine ohio.. It was abandoned for 2 yrs & we purchased it last year... We are in need of bluegrass bands for Labor day Weekend...If you are interested please call us at 937-599-9991 or e-mail rockin_ri...
Views: 254   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 12, 2004 7:33am
by Mark Bee
Jams in Detroit Michigan
Texas fiddle player will be working in and around Detroit for the next several weeks beginning Tues. 8/10/04. Looking for an opportunity to sit in with local pickers.
Views: 171   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 8, 2004 11:57pm
by Mel Whirley
Bluegrass on PBS tonight
...930 PM or 2130hr to you military dudes and babes. Bluegrass Allstars on PBS...be there or be square! Kirk
Views: 195   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 7, 2004 6:26pm
by Kirk A Ritchie
Just Bluegrass hits in New Zealand...Again
Howdy Buckeyes and wanna be Buckeyes! I just received a note from Dave at Just Country FM channels (13 stations) in New Zealand, that the Just Bluegrass Band from Ohio, has been added to their rotation with their new song, "Your Love Is Like A Hurricane". Also, '...
Views: 167   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2004 8:57pm
by Mark Bee
Prayer Request from a Buckeye "Pork Chop"
Brad Nelson has had an injury to his shoulder from an accident at work. As a result the "Pork Chop" has asked us all to pray for his injury. If you are in the spirit then place your hand on the screen as we pray for Brad. Let us pray. "Father, we know that the en...
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2004 12:01am
by Kirk A Ritchie
What's Your Favorite Bluegrass Gospel Tune
I am a collector of Bluegrass Gospel tunes. There are so many great tunes out there. But recently I have come to love a song by Ronnie Bowman called Three Rusty Nails. Brought a tear to my eye. What bluegrass gospel tune do you like to play the most? Kirk
Views: 194   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 5, 2004 9:16pm
by PorkChop
Prayer request for Mr. Greg Davis
Hello Friends: Once again we have been called upon to pray for another fellow picker. Greg Davis has a terminal illness from which there seems little hope. He is expected to last only a few precious months while his illness gets progressively worse. Once whe...
Views: 166   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 3, 2004 10:53pm
by Kirk A Ritchie
Special Prayer Request for Don Desich
Dear Friends: A special request has come to me regarding Mr. Don Desich who some months ago was in a serious electrical accident. His recovery from his injury is slow. If anyone remebers, Don was the one who built the stage used at the Mohican festival. Don has...
Views: 200   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 3, 2004 8:35pm
by Mike Ball
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet